Michele Canestro: Volleyball and SAAC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Michele Canestro is a talented junior from Castleton, New York. Canestro can be seen either around campus or on the volleyball court. She plays the positions of outside/rightside hitter on the Lasell College Women’s Volleyball Team (LCWVB).

“I want to eventually become a physical therapist,” said Canestro. She is an athletic training major with a minor in coaching. Canestro is also a part of the Athletic Training Club and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).

When she isn’t kicking butt on the volleyball court, Canestro can be found hanging out with her friends, listening to music, or at Moe’s Southwest Grill. Canestro loves bands like the 1975, Zac Brown Band, and One Direction. She can also be spotted watching How I Met Your Mother, Friends, or New Girl on Netflix.

“I’ve watched the Friends series at least four times, and How I Met Your Mother twice,” she said. Canestro also loves the musical/movie Hairspray.

Volleyball games are usually every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, either at home or away. Make sure to stop by the home games to cheer on Canestro and the rest of the LCWVB.  

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.