Megan Croce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a Sophomore from Wolcott, Connecticut. Megan Croce is a Secondary Education Major with an Applied Math Concentration. Megan is also enrolled in the Honors Program here at Lasell!

“In ten years I hope have a steady job teaching at least algebra to high school students,” says Megan, “I’ve wanted to become a teacher ever since I was little. My mom’s a teacher and I look up to her. I love being around students and watching them grow as students and as individuals.” Megan believes teachers are really important for developing minds, “especially throughout high school. Big decisions have to be made and I want to be there to help.”

When Megan is not in class, you can find her being a Teacher’s Assistant for MATH106, a job she also had last year, and at the Admissions Office, where Megan is a student ambassador and part of the Blue Key Society.  Although she has a busy lifestyle, Megan still has times for club meetings. “I am also apart of the Emerging Leaders Program, CAB, Random Acts of Kindness, and Tomorrow’s Teachers.” Even on top of all these clubs, Megan still makes time for Relay for Life. “I am the recruitment chair on the Relay for Life team. Relay for Life is a 12 hour event that we hold in the Athletic Center. This year it is April 9-10!”

In Megan’s free time, she loves to watch Netflix. “I am currently watching Vampire Diaries and Criminal Minds. I am also an avid napper. I like to go to the gym and hang out with my friends!”

Megan’s favorite movies consist of Pitch Perfect, Avengers, and the Last Song. Megan’s celebrity crush? “Luke Bryan! He is very goofy, happy guy. He’s goofy, I’m goofy. It’s perfect!” Her favorite song by Luke Bryan is “That’s My Kind of Night”. Her two other favorite songs are “Break Up in a Small Town” by Sam Hunt and “If I Lose Myself” by OneRepublic, “It’s my jam!!”

In addition to those songs and artists, Megan is also in love with Big Time Rush. “They just bring tears to my eyes and I don’t know why. They’re just a group of guys having fun, living the dream, and it’s inspiring to me. And they’re good looking!”

Some of Megan’s other favorites things are chicken parm, iced tea, chocolate covered almonds, clouds, and dogs. “Clouds are just so natural and beautiful. One of the most beautiful things is nature itself.” Megan’s love for dogs often brings her to tears, “dogs are beautiful creatures and great companions. They’re always there for you.” Megan talks about her childhood dog, Brodie. “I was the first child so growing up was a bit lonely, but I had Brodie and he was my best friend.” In ten years, she hopes to have two dogs. “A golden retriever and a German shepard!”

We are sorry to report that Megan is happily taken, having a boyfriend of two years! But don’t worry, Megan is always up for making new friends, so don’t be afraid to say ‘hey’ to her if you see her around campus!

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.