This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This article is about the influencers that have been giving me the ick over the last few weeks for many reasons that are unique to their behaviors at the moment. 

There is no hate for these influencers as most of them are just doing what they have to do to get by, or what they feel is fun. These are things that have just put me off their accounts and given me the ick no matter how big or small.

As a start, Austin McBroom is the first influencer that is giving me the ick as of late. Once his divorce with Catherine was finalized, I knew he was going to go into a downward spiral. However, I was not all that sure it was going to be as bad as it has been. His attention-seeking behavior through being “sick”, and him trying to work at “normal people” jobs. He seems to be doing all of this to make people feel bad for him, which as a result is giving many people a major ick for him.

All the small business owners followed that one small business owner who got attention from the drama with Mikayla. I think this is an awful thing to do, even while not naming the big influencer or how they were talking about how expensive a mug was or the countless other things. As a business, you have to accept that some people may not like your products and that some of those people may be influencers who do not owe it to you to post about how much they love your products. This whole thing just doesn’t sit right with me anymore.

Then the ick truly settles in for me. There is a guy named Noah on TikTok (not the one from the Hype House), but who makes lots of frat boy skits. I know it’s more his skits that give me the ick, but when you watch his lives, it kind of gives off the same energy of the really awful frat boy. 

This one pains me to say as I truly liked this girl at first, her user on TikTok is Sploww, better known as Sara from Pareto. This girl was so relatable and funny at first with all her cold call TikToks, but more recently her TikTok feels like she is just complaining about how hungover she got. Maybe it’s just the videos that come up on my page, but your actions have consequences so you can’t act surprised when you’re hungover.

That all being said I have liked most of these influencers at one point or another and still likely enjoy some of their content. I just don’t love all of their content. 

Carley Ellis

Lasell '26

Carley is a member and events director of HerCampus, she is a forensic science major in her sophomore year at Lasell University. She is also a member of other clubs on campus such as the Forensic Science Association. In her spare time she likes to read, play video games, and pick up new hobbies such as doing her own nails.