Wellness > Health

How to go Back to School Safetly During a Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Moving back to campus during the pandemic can be very scary and confusing. With all of the new rules put in place, it can be hard to feel that we have the freedom we all expected when we got to college freshman year. However, being on campus has so many benefits, so many students felt the need to come back and learn in-person this semester. Here are some of the ways that we can stay safe while being at school this year. 

1. Go for your weekly testing and report symptoms: At Lasell, residents have to get tested twice a week, and report their symptoms daily before going to class. By doing all of these things, we can ensure that each of us stays healthy and goes to class in a way that makes everyone feel comfortable and safe. If you do have symptoms, be sure to report them, to keep you and others as safe as possible.

2. Do not hang out in large crowds: By staying in small groups, or just with one other person, we have less of a chance of getting or spreading the virus. 

3. Have good hygiene: Taking showers regularly, using hand sanitizer, wiping down desks before use, and washing our hands are a few ways that we can monitor ourselves and lessen the chance of getting the virus. 

4. Stay in your dorm as much as you can: Not going out and keeping to only a few spots on campus can reduce the chance of catching the virus. Pack some activities to do or start a new show to keep you occupied when you do not have any assignments. 

5. Wear your mask: Yes, we hear this everywhere we go, but wearing a mask is one of the best ways to reduce the spread of the virus and stay healthy. 

We all want to stay at school and make the most of our year. However, to be able to do so, we have to follow all of the rules put in place by our campus and do everything we can on our own to make sure we do not catch or spread the virus, and have a great year. 

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)