This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We all wake up late sometimes, or everyday, as it happens to the best of us. Throughout my high school and college years I have figured out some tips on how to get ready faster and give yourself a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning. Here are my top five tips to getting up and getting ready for your day. 

1. Pick Your Outfits Out the Night Before

To avoid coming home to a mess of clothes on your floor and to save tons of time in the morning, pick out your outfit the night before! This is personally what saves me the most time in the morning. There is less stress in the morning and it gives me a chance to pick out a really great outfit. I have more time to think about it the night before, instead of rushing around in the morning and picking the same sweatshirt and leggings everyday.

2. Pack Your Breakfast/Lunch the Night Before

There are plenty of breakfast ideas you can prep for the morning like overnight oats or smoothies. If you think you are going to have no time, then throw some of your favorite to go breakfast bars or cereal in your bag for the morning. If you have a really long day ahead, pack your lunch the night before. I used to do this in high school, and now I do it for work because it saves time and money instead of buying a lunch everyday.

3. Pack Your Bag

If you are rushing around packing your bag in the morning, you are more likely to forget something you need. To avoid this, pack your bag at night to make sure you have everything you need to head out the door.

4. Have a Go-to Makeup Look and a Couple Go-to Hairstyles

If you wear makeup, having a go-to simple and easy makeup look can save some time. Sometimes, you might not have anytime for makeup and that is totally okay! If you do have some time, a quick and easy go to is your favorite mascara, under eye concealer, loose powder, and a blush that could double as a highlighter too! If you are into lipstick, having a bold lip color is a good trick because it makes it look like you spent a lot of time on your makeup when you really did not. Once you have a routine down, you will be able to do it faster. The same thing goes for hair. Some quick and easy hairstyles that might be good to master are a top knot, a side-braid or side bun, and a high pony.

5. Wake Up to Your Favorite Songs

Since we mostly use our phones now as an alarm, waking up to your favorite upbeat songs is more motivational than an annoying alarm. Another trick is leaving your phone across the room, so that you have to get up and walk to your phone and not just lay back in bed.

Hope these tips help and next time you have to go to school, work, or another event, you can get up and get ready faster than ever before!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.