It’s that time in the semester where we are all way to stressed and could use five minutes to ourselves. Meditation can be a great tool for stress management, or you know general life management and sanity. If you practice meditation for at least ten minutes daily, it has been proven to help reduce stress. I am sure you could use a break from life, so bellow is my favorite guided meditations to help you keep your zen this stressful time of year.
1. If you are a complete beginner and do not know where to start, I suggest starting this meditation because it has such vivid visualizations and it is very relaxing. I would not suggest laying down to this one thought if you are tired or prone to falling asleep. Fiona also has a playlist on her channel with other beginner guided meditations.
2. I highly recommend this meditation by Jhenne Aiko(yes a singer) and it can literally be done in six minutes. I always feel revived after doing this guided meditation and this is a great alternative when you can’t take a nap. It is a trigger protection guided meditation and it is very calming.
3. My next suggestion is a meditation from Yoga with Adrienne, I personally love her yoga videos but her guided meditation for anxiety is amazing. I love her calm yet upbeat personality and felt like this guided meditation highlighted it. I would love to see her come out with a guided meditation album and think that this a great meditation for anxiety or stress.
4. Next, we are going to be talking about mantra meditation, Yet another yogi, Allie- The Journey Junkie shares a kundalini meditation to release negative feelings. This is a great meditation to do when you feel like the world is holding you down and you are drowning in negativity. This 20 minute guided meditation will help get your energy up to high vibrations in no time.
5. I can never get enough of Brett Larkin. She does not post a lot of guided meditation and has a few randomly on her channel, but I can’t get enough of her anxiety and stress guided meditation. It may be worth taking a look at her YouTube channel afterward if you have been looking for a more relaxing yogi to follow. Just be aware this video is outside and it does pick up the sound of some traffic.
6. If you aren’t subscribed to boho beautiful, what are you doing? She has a beautiful series of guided meditations all shot at beautiful locations where she’s traveled with her boyfriend. These guided meditations are very serene and she has a very relaxing voice. This is a great basic meditation that you can use for any situation.