This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Every year, the Internet is obsessed with something new. The past few years, we have been exposed to tons of mermaids, unicorns, and dogs, just to name a few. This year, our hearts have been captivated by another majestic animal, the llama. A simple farm animal has been climbing the social ladder and becoming this year’s huge pop culture phenomenon.

When we see new merchandise, we can now always find one with a llama pattern. Llama pillows, llama clothing, and llama stuffed animals are some of the most popular items. There is also llama jewelry, llama pajamas, and even llama themed weddings. Anything you can think of – there’s a llama version of it. Llama decor has been one of the most popular searches this year online.

There is also many uses of actual llamas that are becoming very trendy. You can now have llamas at your wedding! The trend started in the Northwest. You can find many llamas there dressed up as brides and grooms prancing around tons of weddings! A farm in Martha’s Vineyard allows you to take these animals for walks on the beautiful beaches, a spot for many llama themed wedding proposals!

It is fairly easy to rent these animals, so they can be present at many parties, as well as have a whole llama themed party. At these parties, we can see many llama cakes, the newer and trendier, yet very similar version of last year’s unicorn cakes.

You can also do llama yoga, with a variety of places offering yoga surrounded by the fluffy creatures. These activities and more allow you to keep up with the new trend.

As we walk around shops, we see less and less mermaid and unicorns, and more and more fluffy llama themed things. Even llama themed nurseries are becoming a fad as well, with many llama themed wall stickers brightening up the room.

However you would like to, you can now incorporate llamas into your everyday life very easily. Their newfound popularity has made them more special than ever before.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)