kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

8 Ways to Get Over Those Dreaded Winter Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Some love the summer, some love the winter. If you are struggling to find some fun activities this winter to get you out of your funk, you came to the right place. 

1. Skin Care

Drive to Target, pick out some new face masks, new lotion, lip balm, or toners, what could be more therapeutic. Either has a night by yourself doing your nails and a face mask or invite a friend over. 

2. Yoga / Meditate

Try a studio nearby or check out some videos on YouTube and take an afternoon to unwind and focus on yourself. 

3. Workout

Personally, playing some good music and going for a run is very therapeutic for me. Taking out aggression in some cardio can make you feel better after. 

4. Burn Candles

In your Target trip, purchase a new candle and take the night to relax while you burn the new candle. 

5. Watch Favorite Movie/ TV Show

Typically, watching your favorite movie or TV show can get you out of your funk and cheer you up. 

6. Reread Favorite Book 

Same idea, but it takes a little longer. Doing your favorite things can make you grounded. 

7. Go to a Coffee Shop With a Friend or Go Shopping 

Seeing friends can put you in a better mood. If you are up to it just ask them to grab coffee and talk. Another option is walking downtown and go shopping! 

8. Declutter

Declutter your space, closest, room, car, anything. The organization makes people less stressed and more productive. 

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.