The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you are in college, chances are you get sick of switching between the dining hall food and mac and cheese cups. Cooking in a dorm can be so difficult too; between trying to make semi-nutritious meals, but also not making too many dishes, because let’s be honest the last thing anyone wants to do after a long day of classes is dishes. These are the top 3 meals I make in the dorm to combat the above difficulties. 

Salmon Bowl 

This is probably my favorite of the 3. You can ask my roommate, I make this at least 3 times a week. You will need; 

You combine the salmon, rice, sriracha, and mayo in a bowl and mix that all together. Top with cucumbers and eat with seaweed. This is so yummy and pretty well-balanced. It also takes less than 5 minutes to put together and you should be left with one bowl and spoon to clean, not too bad!

Snack Plate 

It is mini charcuterie board time! This is one of my favorite ways to hit all the good nutrient points. This one is kinda make it your own/whatever you have on hand but I will list a variety of ingredients; 

As you can see snack plates provide a variety of ways to get protein, fruit and veg, and carbs too. My favorite combo is some grapes, pepperoni and cheese for some protein, some sort of cracker, and some cashews and almonds for some good fiber! 

Chicken Salad Wrap

And finally, a classic but solid option. I always have tortillas in my dorm because they keep way longer than bread. You will need;

That’s literally it. You can sub out the condiments for whatever you like, but you slap all this in a tortilla shell and pair it with some carrots and hummus, and boom you’ve got yourself a crunchy and tasty meal. 

College is hard. Cooking is hard. Life is hard. Give yourself some grace and go make yourself a snack plate and turn on your favorite movie.

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!