jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

18 Things You Will Only Understand if You Are a Junior or Senior at Lasell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Being a Junior at Lasell, a lot of things have changed over the past two years. I feel like there are many things only Juniors and Seniors understand, so here is my list that hopefully makes you laugh. 

1. When we say “Boomer’s,” we mean 1851.

2. 1851, is the newspaper.

3. When we say “The New Building,” we mean the Science and Technology Center.

4. When we say “ Lasell College,” we mean Lasell University.

5. When the professors say “Moodle,” they mean Canvas.

6. When we say “Donahue” we mean the fashion building, not the plaza. 

7. Mount Ida used to be our rival, but we love our Mount Ida transfers. 

8. The Maple Street Terrace and Grove Street trailers were debatably the worst thing ever.

9. If you think there is no parking on campus now, it used to be worse due to construction of the new building.

10. Einstein’s used to have the best smoothies, #rip

11. However, Starbucks being put on campus was a game changer, don’t know what we did without it. 

12. We did not always have the luxury of the 24 hour minimart. 

13. The bookstore used to be in Arnow Campus Center and the late night option used to be in the dining hall. 

14. When we say the STC classrooms are extra, that’s because we did not use to have two smart boards in each classroom. 

15. When we say “Bingo” that means you are going down, if you know you know. 

16. When your classroom changes three times in a semester because of construction of the new building. 

17. The Commuter Lounge used to be in the library. 

18. When we say Ethics and groan, count your blessings you are only in History 104. 

I hope these were #relatable if you are an upperclassmen at Lasell and made you laugh!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.