This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.
Ariana released ‘thank u, next’

Image from Facebook

The hugely anticipated album, titled after her smash single ‘thank u, next’ released in November, was finally released by Grande this week. And it’s the perfect girl-power soundtrack to pick us up from the mid-term lull. My suggestion: plug your headphones in, blast NASA at full volume and embrace those self-care vibes.

ASOS SUPPLY dropped

Image from Facebook

It’s never too late to spruce up your uni room and ASOS just made that a whole lot easier. ASOS SUPPLY is the brand’s own homeware label, and it is d-r-e-a-m-y. With everything from bedding to stationery organisers, and at their signature affordable prices, this collection really is something to get excited about.

The Period Emoji gets the go-ahead

Image from Vogue

Even British Vogue was talking about this one. After relentless campaigning and research, Unicode approved the red droplet ‘period emoji,’ which almost half of 18-34 year-old women believe will make it easier to talk about periods. We’re always here for normalising bodily functions.

The Handmaid’s Tale Season 3 gets a trailer and a release date

Image from Pinterest

Dystopia meets modern-day America in this amazingly gritty, extended adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s infamous novel. Seasons 1 and 2 of The Handmaid’s Tale got added to Sky On Demand this week, whilst producers HULU released the captivating trailer for its third season, which hits UK screens in May. Definitely worth a watch.

Kindness

Image from Pinterest

Friends Day was last week, a reminder of the importance of listening to and supporting your friends, especially when they’re in need, and practicing kindness above all else. So, finally, a quote which really resonated with me this week:

‘Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.’

Emily Watson

Lancaster '20

Linguistics and English Language 👩🏼‍🎓
Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.