What Disney Has Got In Store For 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Whenever a new Disney film pops up, it seems that people either have absolutely no idea or they explode with excitement. I tend to explode with excitement, because well, Disney is life. So if you’re as impatient as I am, read on to take a look at some of the upcoming masterpieces that’ll be on the big screens in the New Year!

Zootopia

From what I’ve gathered from the trailer, this film is an animation based on the idea that humans never existed, and therefore the other animals run the world. The trailer hasn’t yet revealed anything about the plot; but to be honest, when it comes to animated films about animals, I’m pretty confident that Disney knows what its doing.

The Jungle Book

Over the past couple of years, Disney have been making our favourite classics into live-action movies, and I must say I have been LOVING IT. We’ve had Cinderella, Maleficent, Into the Woods, and in 2016 we’ll have The Jungle Book! In all honesty, the trailer looks kind of scary, and I really hope it doesn’t spoil the magic of the original film, but that definitely won’t stop me from going to see it!

Alice Through the Looking Glass 

Finally, the sequel to the remake of Alice in Wonderland that blessed the big screens in 2010! Yet again featuring our favourites; Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway, this is the story of Alice travelling through time to save the Mad Hatter. (It’s produced by Tim Burton, so brace yourselves for a weird and wonderful adventure).  

Finding Dory

Hardcore Finding Nemo fans like myself have been waiting for this for years, and I’m not even embarrassed to admit that I’m counting down the days. I think we can all agree that Dory was one of the best characters in the first film, so having one dedicated to her will, fingers crossed, be brilliant!

Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!