The Top 7 On-Screen Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

We all love a good romance, don’t we? When our own love life is like a drooping flower of disaster and desperation, we stick Netflix on or our favourite box set and become so engulfed in these imaginary relationships that we start to think it’s real. Today, I’m showing you the seven best on screen couples of all time, so grab your popcorn, get comfy and join me whilst I remind you of why we just love these awesome twosomes!

1.Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tom and Summer in 500 Days of Summer

“This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story“. Tom and Summer have to be one of the most frustrating things to ever happen to us teenage girls since forever! They’re soulmates, but Summer is – well, she’s a b*tch.

2.Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick as Blair and Chuck in Gossip Girl

Hello, Upper East Siders! Chuck and Blair have got to be one of the most glamorous couples. Despite disaster striking in every possible way, Chuck and Blair always found themselves falling back into each others’ arms and that’s the way we like it; no lonely boy!

3.Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson as Katniss and Peeta in The Hunger Games

Since the moment that Katniss volunteered as tribute, the romance that blossomed between her and Peeta in the games was inevitable. It was like an adaptation of Romeo & Juliet; two star-crossed lovers who kill themselves in order to be together forever… well, nearly. This arrow-throwing, face-painting duo are definitely the ones to watch this Winter, when Katniss has to fight to save Peeta’s life.

4.Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski as Pam and Jim in The Office US

Pam and Jim remind me of what having a high school crush was like and their incessant joke-playing on Dwight and Michael is so cute! It drove me insane watching every episode where they wouldn’t confess their love for each other, but after having to wait six whole seasons, they finally tied the knot! I’ll never forget the way they looked at each other.

5.Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer as Rachel and Ross in Friends

“We were ON A BREAK!”

Although Ross and Rachel were probably more off than on we loved this pair just as much as friends as we did as a couple. And it probably took Rachel a lot longer than it did for us to see the crush Ross had on her, but once she did… THAT KISS! After everything that went on between them, all that’s left to say is that she got off the plane.

6.Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as Hermione and Ron in Harry Potter

The love-hate relationship that struck ever since their baby faces began Hogwarts was enough for me to see that this would be a true childhood-sweetheart romance. It was like Hermione took Ron under her wing, she taught him everything she knew and…

“Besides, you’re saying it wrong. It’s Levi-O-sa, not Levio-SAR.”

7.Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as Hazel and Augustus in The Fault in Our Stars

“Okay? Okay.”

Who knew that the shortest quote from a film ever could bring the world to tears? I certainly didn’t. Hazel and Augustus met at a support group, and their love not only swept me off my feet, but sets them on a journey together to make the most of the time they’ve got. It’s not all fun and games, though. Just remember to have a box of tissues at hand when you watch this film.

I'm Lauren Collier. I'm nineteen years old and I'm a second year English Language in the Media undergraduate. I'm a social media enthusiast, blogger and obsessed with living a healthy lifestyle!Email: lauren-collier@hotmail.co.ukInstagram: www.instagram.com/laurenlcollierTwitter: www.twitter.com/laurenlcollier
My name is Hannah Hobson and I am currently studying English Language at Lancaster University with an ambition to become a fashion journalist.