How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies

As winter descends, so does the need for chocolate chip cookies. Follow this recipe to make your own!

You will need:

• 300g (2 cups) plain flour (sifted)
  • 225g (1 cup) caster sugar
  • 200g (1 cup) of butter melted
  • 100g-200g chocolate chips
  • 1tsp of baking powder
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  1. 1. Set your oven and mix the ingredients

Melt the melted butter and sugar into a large bowl and mix together. All you'll need is a wooden spoon for this, so don't worry if you don't have a whisk.

2. 2. Get sifting

Sift the flour and baking powder into your mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and salt to the bowl, too. Most importantly: add the chocolate chips!

3. 3. Make it into a dough

Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix everything together. Once the texture is dough-like, add the egg and knead with your hands.

4. 4. Add them to the baking tray

Spread some butter onto a baking tray. Take a piece of the dough and roll it into a ball, then slightly flatten it. Make sure to keep the dough pieces quite small because they will spread out when baking (they'll get stuck together!)

5. 5. Baking time!

Place the tray in the oven and bake at 160C (gas 3) for 10-20 minutes. The larger your cookies are, the longer they will take to cook. You'll know they're ready when the edges are a slightly golden.

Then all you have to do is leave your cookies to cool. And, then the best bit: enjoy them!