This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Despite that never-ending workload, it is really is to be bored at university. No matter the amount of free time you have, try to do something stimulating that will get you out of the boredom rut. We have a few suggestions for you…

Walking

Often, just getting out of the house will make you feel productive. But by purposefully going walking, whether alone or with friends, you’re exercising too and will stimulate your brain. You’ll feel refreshed and ready to smash through the rest of your studying when you get back home.

Cinema

There’s so much on at the cinema at the moment! Make the most of Vue Lancaster’s £5 ticket, and get watching all of the latest films. Don’t be afraid to go by yourself either – sometimes it’s nice to have time to yourself enjoying a film, rather than whispering about gorgeous actors for an hour and a half with your friend!

Girls’ Night

Whether you opt for a girls’ night in, or a girls’ night out, getting together with your friends gets you right out of any slump, and will bring some joy to your week. Whatever you get up to together, you’re likely to make memories that will last forever!

Painting

Get arty! Whether you’re the next Monet, or even more abstract than Picasso, a spot of painting will release your creativity, and help you to take your mind of other things. It is surprisingly therapeutic and should not be overlooked as a boredom-busting activity.

Reading

Get lost in a book! Immerse yourself in a good fiction novel, and take yourself away with the fairies. Complete it with a hot drink, and get cosy!

Plan a trip

Choose your travel partner and plan a trip! Whether you book a holiday abroad, or just plan out a route for a long drive, get that excitement and buzz for travelling flowing through you. 

Anna Mather

Lancaster '19

Anna is a final year student of French & Linguistics at Lancaster University and will graduate in 2019. She is one of Lancaster's Chapter Correspondents. Her favourite topics to write about are fashion, style and interior design ideas. She loves to share photos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ku_layrosas/ She also runs Kulayrosas, her own fashion, faith and lifestyle blog: https://kulayrosas.com/