Reporting Sexual Misconduct at Lafayette College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Experiencing an act of sexual violence is an incredibly difficult and sensitive feat. Coping with an situation that leaves victims feeling vulnerable and defeated poses challenges that those who have not experienced it may not understand. Many students at Lafayette do not know the options one has for reporting sexual misconduct, so senior Reeve Lanigan, co-founder of the campus organization PASA, Pards Against Sexual Assault, offers some suggestions on how to report:

For non-emergency reporting:

1. Go to sash.lafayette.edu and click on the “Report Sexual Misconduct” tab to fill out the form. Be sure to provide as many details as possible if you are willing and able.

2. Furthermore, go to onepard.lafayette.edu and fill out the “Universal Reporting Form.” This is a more generalized form that can be beneficial if you are unsure of the particulars of the incident or if there were other related concerns beyond sexual misconduct

3. Call or text one of the Sexual Misconduct Support Advisors to decide the best course of action for you and your needs. These are trained faculty and staff available 24/7 to assist you with the process: 484-548-0325

4. Call Jessica Brown, our Educational Equity Coordinator directly at 610-330-5338

For emergency situations, call Public Safety at 610-330-4444. Beyond this, Psafe can provide information on reporting options at the college, transportation to a SAFE (Sexual Assault Forensic Examination) or options for pursuing criminal charges outside of the college’s internal procedures.

If you have any additional questions, you can look to Lafayette’s Resource Guide for Sexual Misconduct for additional information on options and resources or speak with our Educational Equity Coordinator, Jessica Brown. Her office is located at 110 Feather House, and can be reached at brownjes@lafayette.edu; 610-330-5338.

Additional confidential resources and hotlines can be found at sash.lafayette.edu, if you or a friend is looking for someone to talk to, rather than report an incident.

Emma Piascik

Lafayette '21

coffee & book enthusiast
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette