nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Essential Oils For the Stressed College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

I’m an avid oiler, I’ve been using Essential Living Essential oils which use 100% exact source extract. Essential oils are most often used in aromatherapy, which is known as a form of alternative medicine. Below are some of my favorite essential oils.

Stress Away Essential Oil: It has a unique combination of Lime essential oil and Vanilla extract. It also includes lavender, Cedarwood, cedrol and Ocotea which is an Ecuadorian-sourced essential oil.

This scent has helped me relieve my anxiety before exams and keeps me calm while studying.

Citrus Fresh Essential Oil: This essential oil is made up of orange, mandarin and lemon oils that works with both sides of the brain to help balance the body and bring equilibrium. It can be uplifting yet very relaxing and calming at the same time. You can also add it to lotions and it will give your skin a refreshing glow!

Orange Essential Oil: Helps clean teeth when putting some drops in mouthwash or on your toothbrush alone.

Peppermint Essential Oil: Can be used by diffuser or topically. By diffusing it, one can feel focused and relaxed. By using it topically, one can rub it on sore muscles after an epic workout. It pleasantly tingles on the skin while relaxing the muscle.

Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary is a fragrant herb, but its oil has brightening and calming properties. Add seven to ten drops to shampoo for shiny and healthy hair or diffuse it for calming and energizing mood.

Ginger Essential Oil: Ginger has a warm and energizing aroma. Ginger is a great odor blocker. Smelly car? Use a USB diffuser and spread some oily joy. Use topically for sore muscles too!

Jasmine Essential Oil: The sweet aroma allows for this oil to be used as a perfume. Add a few drops to hair conditioner for a revitalizing hair mask or diffuse it for relaxing properties.

Of course these are made by a specific brand, this brand is not required for your oiling happiness. There are more affordable brands out there such as, Rocky Mountain Oils which are about half the price.

A spicy Latina in her 20s trying to survive school and the real world.
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette