This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

It’s that time of year when the sun sets at 4, the air is cold, and the whole world seems gray. With the ongoing pandemic, making it harder to see people outside, the winter can be even an even harder time to socialize. We often find ourselves, lonely, unmotivated and lacking energy. Here are three tips to help those feelings during the cold season.

Make your room cozy!

Your room can often be where you spend most of your time, especially since it’s so cold out, so making it feel as homey as possible is very important. Adding things like fairy lights, pictures, fluffy blankets and slippers will help fight the cold.

Exercise

Moving your body is one of the most important things to do to make you feel better. It is definitely a help for seasonal depression. It helps boost your mood, brings up your energy levels, and overall will make you feel better.

Take a Walk

Although it may be snowing and cold, we all still need sunlight! Going outside is just as important all year round. Just taking a walk around campus with a friend is a great way to socialize and get some sunlight into your day. 

Remember that the winter can be tough but there are still many magical aspects of it to help beat the winter blues!

Julia Stahl

Lafayette '25

I am currently a first year student at Lafayette College.