Stress Free Cooking with Blue Apron

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Having amazing meals delivered to your door is basically a dream come true. Skipping grocery store lines, picking meals from the comfort of my apartment and getting instructions for a perfectly portioned meal are a few things that make Blue Apron so great.

Blue Apron, a food subscription service, mails you deluxe and unique meal recipes with all of the perfectly measured ingredients. The user is only expected to have olive oil, salt, pepper and cooking utensils.

I got a free trial box after a coworker recommended me, and I decided to share my great experience making my first Blue Apron meal. I successfully made Korean beef steamed buns with sweet potato tempura.

Here’s what they said it should look like:

This picture is pretty intimidating to try. But the instructions were precise and the ingredients were fresh and perfectly portioned. After 45 minutes I had a meal that looked just like theirs.

My favorite parts about using Blue Apron:

1. The uniqueness of the meal

This isn’t the kind of meal I would even think of on my own, let alone be able to figure out. With such good instructions and all of the ingredients I need, it made it possible for me to make a perfect meal.

1. The portion size

Cooking for two is pretty difficult when boxes of pasta and packages of meat are designed for families of four. I will typically either eat double the portion I should, or a lot would go to waste. Blue Apron’s potions are perfect for two people to be full without the waste.

1. The convenience

The grocery store is a stressful place. Comparing prices and standing in line is not how I enjoy spending my Sunday. Blue Apron delivers the box of food straight to the user’s door, which means I have more time for homework (or Netflix).

My next meal is Tuscan crusted pork chops! Can’t wait!

Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.