Green Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is a day dedicated to the color green, so why not make a cooking day out of it? Here are some Pinterest-worthy recipes that will definitely not fail you this time.

1. Shamrock Cinnamon Rolls

(ptskjohnson.blogspot.com)

What you need: – Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls – heart shaped cookie cutter – green food coloring

What to do: 1. Separate the cinnamon roll dough into flat circles. 2. Use the heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 3 hearts. Use leftover dough for stems. 3. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, let cool. 4. Add one drop of green food coloring to the icing; spread on top of rolls.

2. St. Patrick’s Day Avocado Toast  

(eatingrichly.com)

What you need: – whole grain toast – avocado – butter – eggs – salt & pepper

What to do: 1. Cut out the center of your bread with a shamrock cookie cutter. 2. Melt butter over heat in a skillet; place the outer portion of bread on the skillet. 3. Crack the egg in the center of the bread and cook through desired consistency; set aside. 4. Lightly toast the shamrock-shaped bread. 5. Mash avocado and spread on shamrock bread. 6. Garnish both egg and avocado bread with salt & pepper.

3. Shamrock Cucumber Tea Sandwiches  

(willcookforsmiles.com)

What you need: – 2 whole wheat English muffins – 4oz cream cheese, softened – 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese – 12 slices of cucumber – 4 thin slices of green bell pepper – fresh parsley – salt

What to do: 1. Mix cream cheese, Monterrey Jack, and salt. 2. Split English muffins in half and cut out shamrock shapes. 3. Spread the cheese mixture on top. 4. Place 3 cucumber slices on each “leaf”. Use the green pepper slice as a stem. Place a parsley leaf on top of the sandwich.

4. Green Fruit Kebobs & Dip  

(fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com)

What you need: – kiwi (sliced) – banana (sliced) – green apple (sliced) – green grapes (sliced) – cool whip – green sprinkles

What to do: 1. Place fruits on a BBQ stick in the desired order. 2. Mix green sprinkles and cool whip.

5. Shamrock Mint Shakes  

(foodnetwork.com)

What you need: – 2 cups vanilla ice cream – 1/4 cup whole milk – 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract – 3 to 4 drops green food coloring – whipped cream – green sprinkles

What to do: 1. Blend all ingredients (except whipped cream). 2. Add whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish.

Get cooking, Leos! Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!

Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.