Fun Things to do Now That it’s Fall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

It took all of October but we are now just finally getting a glimpse to the real start of breezy SoCal Fall!

Here are some fun activities to do as the weather cools and the nights get longer this weekend!

1. FALL HAUL

Now that the temperatures are cooling towards the 60s and 70s, it only seems right that we go out and treat ourselves to some fall fashion fun! Sweaters, scarves, ripped jeans and layers!! Fall fashion is my personal favorite because now we can actually wear full cute outfits without having to suffer in the heat! No more just shorts and a tank top (WOOHOO).

1. Reading

My favorite Fall pastime is cozying up on the couch and reading. Two new favorite books of mine happen to be John Green’s new novel Turtles All the Way Down and a fun adult twist on fairytales called Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstances. Whether you enjoy reading alone, starting a book club or listening along with an audiobook, this weather and season is the perfect time to start reading something other than our textbooks.

1. Fall Hikes

Hiking is one of SoCal’s most fun pastimes, but the weather has just been WAY TOO hot to fully enjoy the natural beauties during hikes. If you’re like me, I am too busy sweating and thinking about the AC in my car to fully appreciate a good hike in the summer. Now is the perfect time to appreciate a good hike while looking at the leaves change color and enjoy the breeziness of the wind in full swing. You could even take a book and blanket and camp out on a bench when you reach the peak of your hike ( I know I will now)!

1. GNI’S (Girls Night In)

The best part of Fall nights is that you can snuggle up with a blanket in your jammies and binge watch your favorite show or movies with your friends! You can even order takeout and make it a girl’s night in! Who needs heels and makeup when you can wear slippers and face masks??

1. Baking!

Finally, the best activity of all during this season is BAKING. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there’s no better way to prepare you for that feast than bake up a storm with your family and friends. Test out your pie skills, bake those cookies and try those fun new Pinterest recipes you’ve pinned because baking is just what you do in the Fall!

We hope you enjoy the change in weather and experience some of these fun activities this Fall season!

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.