Face masks have three benefits: to relax, to make your skin feel baby soft, and to benefitl skin. In celebration of National Mud Mask Day, here is a DIY face mask that is easy to make and delicious to eat.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon buttermilk
- 1/8 of a banana
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
Add all of these ingredients together and leave it on your face for 20-30 minutes.
This makes about 2-3 masks. You can lessen/double the ingredients if you want to make less/more.
Here are the benetis of each ingredient:
- Greek yogurt: dissolves dead skin, relieve sunburn, help fight acne, and reduce discoloration.
- Cocoa powder: packed with antioxidants
- Buttermilk: contains lactic acid which is beneficial for skin peels
- Banana: helps with skin glow, anti-aging, moisture
- Honey: antibacterial (good for acne), antioxidants (anti-aging), soothes the face
- Lemon juice: lighten dark spot/blemishes, gets rid of oily skin
And that’s it! You should have amazingly soft skin at the end of this.
If you don’t have time to make a mask, then here is a deep pore cleansing mask you can buy on Amazon.