This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

In the dark night, the rain droplets hit against the roof. Abby lays curled on her bed with her pillows discarded on the floor. Slight shivers run through her body as she draws the covers close to her seeking the warmth she longs for. The warmth she desperately needs. Her light blue bed sheets turn dark in the spot she laid. Abby hums to herself a lullaby her mother used to soothe her nightmares. Back then her mother would trace patterns on her hand. Now Abby traces the tender bumps of the healing skin on her wrists.

The lullaby reminds her of her innocent youth. A simpler time before he slithered his way into her life. Shattering every shield to get to her innocence. His dark brown eyes constantly appear as she closes her own. They pierce through her reopening old wounds. The raspiness of his voice in her memories feels too real. She can feel the warmth of his breath near her ear. The bed shifting as his ghost lays beside her. Abby hums louder as she reaches for her teddy bear. The old bear with stitches across its eyes holds a vague scent of her mother. It is the only thing she has left of her but underneath that scent, his musky scent seems to overpower it. Her nostrils betray her as they pick up his scent. Abby’s breathing becomes shallow as the sudden heat of the bear and the room suffocates her.

The blue pills on her nightstand seem to whisper to her, edging her closer to them. “They can make it go away, they can bring me to her,” Abby thinks to herself. Her hand shakes as she reaches towards them. The dryness of her mouth becomes more present with every gulp. Eventually, he fades away along with the sound of the rain. The old bear now lays near the discarded pillows, the stitching of its eyes pulled out.

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.