This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

‘Tis the season for cozy sweaters, scary movies, and pumpkin everything. One of my favorite things about the fall season is the food. Everything is comforting and warm, and Pinterest houses some of the best recipes on the Internet. It was difficult choosing five recipes that didn’t consist only of dessert, but I think these recipes would please anyone who is as into this season as I am.

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

This sweet treat only takes five ingredients: pumpkin puree, cinnamon, whipped cream, milk, vanilla ice cream, and sprinkles (if you so desire), and it only takes 10 minutes.  

Apple Bacon Salad

I love salad recipes because you can basically put whatever you want it, but I love everything this 20 minute recipe has to offer. A crisp apple salad makes me feel like I’m being healthy, but it also tastes delicious.

Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing

Comfort food at its finest. This is a filling dinner that might take a little bit longer to make, but it is all worth it in the end. It’s like a pre-game for Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

This is like any other snickerdoodle recipe, but it’s better because this one has the magical ingredient of pumpkin.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares

I just had to add another dessert in. After 25 minutes of prep and 35 minutes of baking, you’ll be ready to devour these sweet pumpkin squares. I love the mix of pumpkin and chocolate in a dessert.

Swimsuit season is over, so it’s time to indulge in all of your seasonal favorites after waiting all year. I know I will.

Jessica Garrison is a professional writing major and women's, gender, and sexuality studies minor at Kutztown University.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur