This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

The end of the fall semester brings with it winter break, a time to spend with family and friends. It is a time to relax from the hectic stress of projects, papers, and final exams. However, while I, too, plan to relax, I also plan to catch up on some things like Netflix series I have missed over the semester. So, here is a list of what I plan to do over break.

Netflix

As I said, I plan to catch up on some series. I plan to finish watching seasons three and four of Queer Eye, and then move onto their latest special where they are in Japan. My sister also wants me to watch this Chinese series with her called Once Upon a Time in Lingjian Mountain, which is a comedy and fantasy series. 

Disney+

I recently got the new streaming service, Disney+, but have not had much time to watch anything on it, aside from a quick movie or two. The plan for the winter break is to watch some of the classic Mickey Mouse Christmas specials, as well as some nostalgic Disney cartoons, like Kim Possible. Being productive is also on the agenda this break, so I will also be watching some documentaries from Disney and National Geographic.

Reading

Aside from required texts, reading for pleasure has been near impossible this semester, aside from Good Omens. As such, my to-read list is getting bigger. For this break, I plan to read at least two fiction books (one of which is a Christmas book called The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus), two historical non-fiction books, and other non-fiction books (mostly self-help books). 

Creative Writing

With more time to think over the break, I will be able to catch up on my creative writing. My Hetalia fanfiction on Wattpad needs my attention to be completed this break. Then, I have at least two other fanfiction ideas to write up (another Hetalia one and one on Good Omens). I also have two original story ideas that need to be developed further. Even though school will be out for me this break, I will still be doing research.

Self-Care

Something that many college students forget to do over the semester, especially nearing finals, is taking care of themselves. I fall into that boat too. I feel as though I have lost myself this year, especially in this semester. I need to find myself again—sooner rather than later. The break would be a good time to do so, as I can catch up on some sleep and have more time in the day. 

Kaitlin McElroy

Kutztown '21

I am an English major with two minors (History, and Women's and Gender Studies). I love books, writing, and discovering new things.