3 Ways to Relieve Stress as the Semester Comes to the End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Now that the semester is more than half way over, exams, projects, and papers are being assigned left and right. As the workload continues to pile up, so does the stress level, and all anyone can really think of is summer vacation, which is only a few short weeks away. The only way to overcome the stress and become the most productive and successful student ever is to find ways to relieve that stress in a creative and useful way.

1. Watch your favorite movie or TV show

Nothing takes your mind off the world around you like immersing yourself into the fictional world of your favorite characters. Re-watching your favorites can bring you back to the time when you first watched it. Hopefully, you were not as stressed then as you are now. The happy memories will distract you for a while. The time you spend watching will give your mind a break from whatever paper you need to write, and once you resume writing, you will be refreshed and ready to go.

2. Take a long bubble bath

Not only will it be an excuse to use those 20 bath bombs you got for Christmas, it will also be a great way to relax after a long, stressful day of classes and projects. The warm water will relax your tense muscles. The multiple scents from the five different bubbles, salts, and bath bombs will open up your sinuses, giving you a clear head. Try adding Stress Relief aromatherapy bubble bath from Bath and Body Works for some extra relief. And, if you do not have a bathtub, a long, warm shower will do just as well.

3. Go to the gym

Now, most people do not think of going to the gym when they are drowning in work that needs to be done. But, spending an hour or so running around and using machines you really do not know how to use can get your mind off of your research paper. The endorphins released throughout your body will give you a boost of energy. Giving your mind some space will allow you to feel refocused and complete the work to the best of your ability. You will leave the gym feeling productive, ready to tackle the rest of the semester, and you probably will not visit the gym again until the end of next semester. 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.