etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Spring break. The kick-off of bikini season. How I used to dread you.

I never used to go anywhere over spring break. My family never traveled, and instead of taking a big trip senior year of HS, I got my wisdom teeth removed. Idk about you, but break would always give me serious FOMO. I would look at all these photos of my gorgeous friends with great bodies, not thinking that I have a great body too. Now, I’m not flexing. I just like my body. My body type is what you might call curvy. It took me a long time to learn to love my body and it’s a relationship that demands constant up-keep.In past years, this what going to the pool felt like: Source

You couldn’t pay me to wear a two piece.

Though, I feel like this was fair. After all, there are a lot of reasons to hate bikinis. Most of them center around my appreciation for full-coverage swimsuits (triangle bottoms do not agree with my romp) and nip slips. We’ve all been there. Even more of my distaste for two pieces stemmed from the idea that “those are for other girls” or “you’re not pretty enough to wear that”.

Source

Looking back on it, it’s ridiculous. Clothes are not some exclusive club that some people can wear and others can’t (I love crocs don’t even @ me). In whatever you wear, it’s important to feel comfortable, but not limited.

Going into bikini szn, here are some things to remember:

1. Having a Bikini Body is Easy

Step 1: Remove clothes.

Step 2: Put on Bikini.

You’re there.

2. Any flaws that you think you have are probably just signs of you being hypercritical. You’re beautiful and hot and allow yourself to feel like it no matter what you’re wearing.

3. SUNSCREEN. EVERYWHERE.

Source

4. Honestly, if you’re going spring breaking, just wear a two piece because no one likes rolling down a wet one piece. Yikes.

Once it’s pulled down, it’s impossible to pull back up. 

5. BUT if you do take the two-piece route, make sure that baby is secure. No one wants a nip slip. Extra yikes.

Tie those straps TIGHT. 

6. While it’s not about being hot, c’mon. You’re hot.

More evidence: if your friends are hot, you’re hot too. Hot people flock together. This might be a fallacy, but I don’t make the rules.

7. Trying on a swimsuit that you would’ve never considered before, but makes you feel good about yourself is one of the most empowering feelings.Source

8. If you can’t find a suit that makes you feel good, remember: it’s never you. It’s always the clothes.

9. At the end of the day, wear whatever the h*ck you want!

Any body type can wear any piece of clothing. Clothes are not meant to make you feel uncomfortable or excluded, they’re meant to accentuate you. Who cares about a swimsuit, the most important thing is that you love your birthday suit.

Happy spring breaking!Source

After reading Her Campus for a couple years, Zoe has decided to give it a shot.