Ten Indoor Activities for a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Bernie closed campus, which means a whole day all to yourself! But when it’s as cold as can be, it can be really hard to force yourself outside. Here are some ideas for things to do INDOORS during your snow day!

1. Build a fort and have a Netflix binge

Got a favorite show that the new school year has made it hard to watch? Today’s the perfect day to get caught up!

Step one: Grab a friend,

Step two: get all the blankets and pillows you can gather and build your own blanket igloo.

Step three: Watch show for 12 hours straight. Take only hot cocoa breaks

Step four: Cry because you finished the last season

2. Baking EVERYTHING

I never get a chance to actually bake, even though I for some reason have a stockpile of baking materials in my pantry. Today’s a perfect day to make it all! Cupcakes and brownies and muffins, oh my! The best part? Eating it all afterwards.

Photo courtesy of Sarah Kramer

3. Wear pajamas all day

What’s the point of having a day off if you actually get dressed and act like a functioning member of society? Don’t change out of those PJ pants. Adulthood is overrated anyway.

4. Clean! (Maybe… eventually… hopefully)

This is really wishful thinking, but what a great day to catch up on some cleaning! Or, you know… not.

5. And homework!

Actually… no. Just no.

6. Arts and crafts

Basically, you will never make anything from Pinterest any other day than this. Embrace your love of DIY and create some great gifts- Valentines day is coming? How about this awesome glitter jar? Or your own sugar scrub?!

7. Game day

Video games, board games, card games, anything you want. Grab your roommates, partner, or friends, and lounge around the living room for a few hours playing games. Remember going on play dates when you were younger? This is kind of like that, but now you’re older and no one’s around to tell you to play nice. And, any game can be improved with a few drinks.

8. Watch Youtube videos

Ever had hours upon hours to watch videos of kittens? I bet not. Here’s your chance! Find a good page and enjoy them! My suggestion- Kittens, inspired by Kittens!

9. Get your reading done- Her Campus reading that is!

We know you’re always in a hurry, but here’s a whole day to peruse Her Campus KU. Really enjoy your day with some of our Cuties or be intrigued by some great Blog posts! Her Campus KU has it all!

10. To top it off, do it all with wine :)

Because everything’s better with wine.

Photo courtesy of Laura Lyndall Fagen

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.
Journalism student at KU from Texas with a passion for food, pugs and the Internet.