Shows Worth Catching in Lawrence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
  1. Mountain Sprout at The Bottleneck, May 1 2015: Mountain Sprout has got a upbeat folk sound that gives a highly contagious itch to get up and dance. With their witty lyrics and colorful stage presence it’ll be one show you don’t want to miss. They play around 250 shows a year at venues big and small and have opened for artists such as Widespread Panic, Yonder Mountain String Band, and Willie Nelson. Not to mention their appearance at Wakarusa. (Image Source)
  2. KJHK’s Farmer’s Ball at the Bottleneck: Semi-Finals on April 18, 2015 and the Finals on April 25, 2015: An annual local music battle of the bands for Lawrence, Kansas and all its wonderful music. Come see all of the new and local artists from the area play to win it all. It basically an excuse to party and hear great music from some people you may even know from down the street. Put on by KJHK, this show is sure to be event you won’t want to miss. (Image Source)
  3. Action Bronson The Mr. Wonderful Tour at Liberty Hall on May 13, 2015: If you enjoy some good beats and a great show then Action Bronson is your guy. His rap music will prove his ambitious and powerful personality as an artist. Check out this show for some laid back beats and fantastical lyrics. (Image Source)
  4. The Maine at the Granada on April 20, 2015: For those of you who may have used to listen to the Maine or who still do, this will surely be a show to attend. With their new album American Candy hitting the shelves, you’ll be in for quite the surprise with this upbeat genuine and authentic response to our society and all that it’s turning into. Don’t miss this exciting new move for the Maine. (Image Source)
  5. GRiZ at the Granada on April 22, 2015: If you just need a funky beat to dance to then you better show up to this party. Get groovy with this modern funk DJ. His electro-soul and future funk tunes will surely get you on your feet for the whole night. (Image Source)
  6. The Wombats at the Granada on May 8, 2015: Don’t miss this soulful show with this indie rock band that’ll get you hooked from the first song on. They are a little more serious in their newer album as opposed to their silliness in previous albums, but this will make for a strong performance that you won’t want to miss out on. (Image Source)