This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Admit it. We’ve all been there. It’s 10 p.m., and you have a four-page paper due tomorrow, along with a homework assignment and two chapters of reading.

You may be having a minor heart attack, but instead, manage to convince yourself you WILL get all of this done. Even if it takes you all night. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t currently writing this the day before it’s due. Whoops! “College,” am I right?

I would NEVER recommend leaving things to the last minute. I can’t think of a single instance where I thought to myself, “Gee, Brea, staying up all night was really fun. My favorite part was when you cried into your bowl of Lucky Charms, swearing up and down this would never happen again… I can’t wait until tomorrow so we can do this alllll over again.”  But hey, it happens, and it will continue to happen for all eternity. Unless of course you are some robot super student, in which case, I envy you greatly.

Truthfully, I have accomplished some of my best researching, while procrastinating. For example, today, I looked up various internships for next summer. I found some really interesting ones, and this little detour provided me with a bit of knowledge for the future. GO ME!

Like I said before, I would NEVER recommend procrastinating, but if you find yourself in the midst of the homework blues, here are a few of my favorite places to search on the internet.  Of course, hercampus.com is always my #1. ;)

1. Thought Catalog

This is probably the site I most frequently visit. There are articles and stories about everything you can imagine. I spend hours upon hours reading everyone’s submissions. And honestly, if you’re going to not do homework, you might as well engage your mind through reading.

2. Zappos

Need shoes, jeans or scarves? Okay, okay… Want shoes, jeans or scarves? Zappos is your one-stop shop for all the must-haves for fall. Plus, FREE SHIPPING!

3. Etsy

Like a Pinterest account…with just crafts…that you can BUY! Um, yes, I will take your hand-crafted gifts, and save myself the time, money and embarrassment of trying. Seriously, though, go check out Etsy if you haven’t already. Hope you don’t have too much English homework!

Yeah, I probably should be giving you advice on how NOT to procrastinate. But, we are all adults here, and we know how these things work. So, if you’re ever in the need of a little “study break,” check out these sites and maybe snag yourself some cute, fingerless, puppy mittens.  

Brea Cudney is currently a senior at the University of Kansas, majoring in Communication Studies, with a minor in Journalism. Brea is an avid fan of The Office, addicted to pickles, obsessed with squirrels and a lover of all things crimson and blue. Rock Chalk!