This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s the beginning of another month, and that can only mean one thing: another Birchbox! It finally arrived last Wednesday, and I was so excited that I ripped open the box and started trying on everything pretty much immediately. If you don’t already know what Birchbox is, check out my post from last month where I explain it.

12 Benefits: Instant Healthy Hair Treatment

Like I said, I don’t ever blow dry my hair, so I wasn’t really sure if I would ever use this, but I still couldn’t resist. I sprayed it about an hour after showering, just as my hair was starting to completely dry, and so far I really like it. It smells so good, very floral and light, and it made my hair feel really soft almost immediately. It’s supposed to protect and heal, so hopefully I’ll see some improvement in my hair in the next few days.

Evologie: Stay Clear Cream

This is a blemish cream that’s supposed to be used twice a day after washing your face, but since I’m terrible at keeping my face washed, I don’t think I’ll be using it too often. It reduced the redness of my blemishes almost immediately, so I’m actually impressed. I really like this for those tiny pimples that show up in the morning, because you can just dab it on as necessary instead of covering your entire face.

Supergoop!: City Sunscreen Serum

I’m convinced that Birchbox thinks I’m at least 20 years older than I actually am (okay, this might be partly my fault since I’ve yet to fill out a product review). Trust me Birchbox, I don’t need any anti-aging products. In high school, I went up have my car repaired and the guy helping me asked if it was my car because he thought I was 12. Yeah. Let me know if you can send me any pro-aging creams next time!

theBalm cosmetics: Stainiac in Beauty Queen

Right away, I love this packaging. It’s a cheek and lip tint in a cute lip-gloss bottle, and I can’t wait to use it. It looks really dark in the bottle, but when applied comes out a very transparent, subtle pink. The only downside is that it dries really quickly, so if you’re using it as a blush, you have to be fast when blending. I love it as a lip tint, though. It’s a little fuller than a stain, but not as intense as lipstick or lip-gloss.

Birchbox Find: Chapstick Hydration Lock

So this month, I got a Birchbox find, which is just something that they discover that’s widely available that they think is awesome that I should have. At first, I was like, “Chapstick? I can just go to a drug store and buy this, can’t I?” But I would have never picked this out for myself, honestly. I am in love with it. It’s so smooth, not sticky like regular lip balm, and it makes my lips feel incredible. And it smells amazing.

Birchbox also sent me a little ad for benefit’s “Gimme Brow,” a gel that fills in and evens out your eyebrows. I really wish I had gotten a sample of this, because it looks amazing. Yes Birchbox, I will buy this from you.

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Birchbox, and subscribe, seriously. It’s super cheap for the amount that you receive, and they consistently send the most amazing products. 

Journalism student at KU from Texas with a passion for food, pugs and the Internet.