Movies That We Can’t Wait For in 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

We are mere days away from the start of 2018, which means another new year full of new opportunities, memories, adventures, and MOVIES. I am a huge movie-fanatic, so naturally, I took it upon myself to compile a list of movies coming out in the new year that I am bursting with excitement over. Here are some of the movies we cannot wait to see in 2018.

********

Black Panther

Release date: February 16, 2018

photo credit: x I absolutely love anything taking place in the Marvel universe, and I especially love seeing representation in the Marvel universe. The premise behind Blank Panther is dark, serious, and blood-pumping. Do yourself a favor and watch the trailer for this movie, I promise you it will make you be first in line at the box office on February 16th

watch the trailer here 

Love, Simon

Release date: March 16, 2018

photo credit: imdb

This movie is an adaptation from the Young Adult novel Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. And it looks like the quintessential funny, light-hearted, quirky teenage movie I love to love. Oh, and if it couldn’t get any better, it also features a gay romance. Yes, 2018!!!!!

watch the trailer here

The Avengers: Infinity War

Release date: May 4, 2018

photo credit: reddit

Does this one even need an explanation?! I mean, seriously, who isn’t totally stoked for this movie?! An Avengers movie that features every Marvel character that’s ever been introduced?! I am so ready (or, at least I hope so). 

watch the trailer here

The Incredibles 2

Release date: June 15, 2018

photo credit: x

And the 90s kids rejoice!!! We have all been waiting 14 years for a sequel to the childhood favorite The Incredibles. The real question is, who will make up the majority of people in the audience? Elementary school children, or college to middle-aged adults? My money is on the latter. 

watch the teaser trailer here

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Release date: June 22, 2018

photo credit: x

Just last week the trailer to the next Jurassic World movie dropped and I’ve watched it at least 25 times. Not sure what it is about terrifying, giant, pre-historic reptiles roaring and attacking Chris Pratt that makes me so excited, but nevertheless, I. Can’t. Wait. 

watch the trailer here

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Release date: July 20, 2018

photo credit: x

Where are my ABBA lovers at? I grew up singing and watching Mamma Mia!, so when I found out a sequel was coming out next year I did a physical happy dance. If you haven’t had the treat of watching Mamma Mia!—watch it! After all, there is a sequel coming out next year! A sequel, people!!!

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Release date: November 2, 2018

photo credit: youtube

Out of all the movies on this list, none made my heart soar quite like this one did. It’s an entire year before it comes out, but I’ve been dreaming of a live-action Nutcracker production pretty much my whole life. It is going to be magical and wonderful and everything and I CANNOT wait!!

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Release date: November 16, 2018

photo credit: x

Okay, where my Harry Potter lovers at? There’s pretty much no information out yet about this movie, but just the fact that it exists and Eddie Redmayne exists and Harry Potter exists is enough for me to be ridiculously excited for it. Only 11 months!!!!