KU Is Ready For Some Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Photo credit via rockchalktalk.com

The annual KU football Spring Game took place Saturday, April 12. The over 80 degree heat and sun beating down set the stage for a perfect day of college football. Coach Charlie Weis has made major changes for this upcoming football season and KU fans are ecstatic to see the results. This spring game gave us a preview of the season to come and hopes are high for this improved KU football team.

KU students shared their opinions on the Spring Game as well as the upcoming season. Let’s just say, KU is definitely ready for some football!

“I’m excited for football season in the fall because my roommates and I will be living across from the football stadium which is ideal for tailgating. We are all seniors and are hoping for a talented team and a good season to kick off our last year at KU.” –Kaitlyn Miller, junior from Emporia

“I am eager to see the comparison of the team from the spring game to the fall season. Any improvements will be well seen by KU fans and give them more to get excited about than just tailgating.” – Haylee Hedge, junior from Hays

“Watching the Spring Game on Saturday made be really excited for football season in the fall, the guys looked great out there! It was nice to hear some new names, like Harwell and Cozart, making a difference on the field.” – Taylor Cady, junior from Derby

Photo credit via sporadicsentinel.com