This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Ms. Kamala Johnson

Hometown: Wichita

Major: Speech, Learning and Hearing

Classification: Junior

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Activities: Member of the Black Student Union KU chapter.

Off-Campus Activities: I currently do not do much besides hang out with my friends, watching movies, eat, boxing, play girls football and napping. However, in the near future I plan on joining a mentoring program and volunteering at the Boys and Girls Club.

What’s one thing not many people know about you? When I was a little girl I want shaved off one of my eyebrows. So embarrassing.

What is your favorite song to sing to in the car? It’s so hard to narrow down to one particular song or artist I love music.

If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be? Honestly it would be one of two people. The first one will be my mom because she is one of the strongest women I have in my life. She has never left my side and is always making sacrifices for her family and others even when times are hard for herself. Just having someone like that in my life everyday is truly a blessing. She inspires me to stay strong and keep pushing through hard situations everyday. The second person would be Mr. Bill Gates. He is a recognized leader in the IT industry and in a position to change lives forever. With the new technology his company is developing he can end conflicts, hunger, homelessness, illiteracy and unemployment. Mr. Gates also has the ability to influence politics, world religion and has the potential to positively influence the quality of life for people all over the world by providing life saving information in a matter of seconds.

If you could jump on a plane and go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’d love to fly to either Jamaica or Hawaii.

What’s your dream job? My dream job would be to help others and work with children. That brings me joy.

What are your pet peeves? Sneezing without covering your mouth, cigarette smoke and clutter.

What’s your best quality? I am a genuine friend to those who appreciate me.

What’s your worst quality? I don’t always share my thoughts and feelings.

Turn-ons? God-fearing, well-groomed, must love dogs, be family oriented, smart, funny, motivate me to do better, dance or sing, helper, a good listener and can take care of me.

Turn-offs? Being discourteous, poor attitudes, deceitfulness, controlling or manipulating personalities.

What’s your idea of the perfect first date? A perfect first date would be a wonderful lunch with someone who understands chivalry.

If the world was going to end tomorrow and you could have one last meal, what would you eat? Southern fried catfish, spaghetti, peach cobbler, fried chicken, strawberry or yellow cake with chocolate icing, burgers and teacakes.

What’s your spirit animal? The elephant because of their wisdom, beauty and strength, or the lion because of their power, strength and fearlessness.

Do you have a life motto? God first, family always and friends forever

What are three things you hope to do before you leave KU? Graduate, meet new people and continue to discover new things about myself

In your opinion, what is the key to being successful? Prayer, faith and patience.

If you could give a piece of advice to other women your age, what would it be? Be yourself, believe in yourself and love yourself for who you are. I know that you were created for a purpose and no one else can be you. It’s okay to admire others for their wealth beauty and achievements without allowing your own accomplishments to be diminished.