Forgotten Hits of the Past: A Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Shuffle: the scavenger of forgotten songs. Thank God for the shuffle feature on our iPods and apps because without it, we would never remember that songs like Down by Jay Sean ever existed and were a huge part of our lives.

The great thing about a playlist of forgotten hits is that it brings you back to your freshman year, riding around with your older friends who just got their licenses, windows down while you sing Mike Posner (yeah, he was a thing).

And if you really want to throwback, you’ll find gems like Angel by Shaggy or Ride Wit Me by Nelly. Lay back, relax and let these soothing hits take you back to a simpler time, one before midterms and #collegelyfe. Listen to the playlist here and be sure to follow the official HerPlaylistKU account on Spotify to be the first to know what we’re listening to! 

Hannah Strader graduated from the University of Kansas in December 2018 with a degree in journalism and creative writing. She has past experience as both a writer and editor for high school and collegiate level newspaper staff and spent the summer of 2017 in London working with Healthista, an online women's health magazine. Her passions include but are not limited to Harry Styles, Taco Bell, witchcraft and books. She has two cats and can recite all the U.S. presidents in order. She's proud to call herself a Her Campus alumni. Formerly the Editor in Chief, Senior Editor, and staff writer at Her Campus KU.