Children’s cartoons I would watch again (unironically)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

As stressed out college students, reliving simple times of the past is often used as an escape from school, relationships, work and any other taxing demands. Some moments in life I often associate with great memories was when I would get up early and watch Saturday morning cartoons.

Whether you grew up on Disney Junior, PBS Kids, Nick Jr. or Cartoon Network, every program had something to offer kids with any interest. Here’s a list of my favorite children’s cartoons I would happily watch again, whether for nostalgia of the past or just to watch—unironically.

24. Little Einsteins

Little Einsteins aired on Playhouse Disney from 2005 to 2010. It can be streamed on Disney+ (subscription) for free.

23. Super Why!

Super Why! aired on PBS Kids from 2007 to 2016. It can now be streamed on Hoopla, PBS Kids and YouTube TV (subscription) for free.

22. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! aired on Nick Jr. from 2006 to 2010. It can now be streamed on the Roku Channel or Vudu for free.

21. The Jetsons

As the oldest show on the list, The Jetsons aired on ABC from 1962 to 1963, with the revival series playing 1985 to 1987. It can now be streamed on Boomerang or HBO Max (subscription) for free. 

20. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 

As the revamped version of the 1986 television series My Little Pony, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, aired on Discovery Family from 2010 to 2019. It can now be streamed on Netflix (subscription), Hulu (subscription), or Apple TV (subscription) for free.

19. Maggie and the Ferocious Beast

Maggie and the Ferocious Beast aired on Nick Jr. from 2000 to 2002. It can now be streamed on Apple TV (subscription) for free. 

18. House of Mouse

House of Mouse aired on Toon Disney from 2001 to 2003. It is currently unable to be streamed, but is anticipated to be added to Disney+ (subscription) in the future. 

17. Curious George

Curious George originally aired on Nickelodeon in 1984, and was revamped on PBS Kids from 2006 to 2015. It can now be streamed on PBS Kids, Peacock, and Hulu (subscription) for free.

16. Angelina Ballerina

Angelina Ballerina aired on PBS Kids from 2002 to 2006. It can now be streamed on Peacock and Amazon Prime (subscription) for free. A revamped version of the show Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps, premiered on PBS Kids from 2009 to 2010, and can be streamed on Peacock and Netflix (subscription).

15. Kim Possible

Kim Possible aired on Toon Disney from 2002 to 2007. It can now be streamed on Disney+ (subscription) for free.

14. The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!

The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! aired on PBS Kids from 2010 to 2018. It can now be streamed on PBS Kids, Pluto TV, the Roku Channel, Vudu, Netflix (subscription), YouTube TV (subscription), and Amazon Prime (subscription) for free. 

13. The Berenstain Bears

The Berenstain Bears Show originally aired on CBS from 1985 to 1987, and the revamped The Berenstain Bears aired on PBS Kids from 2003 to 2004. The later version of the show can currently not be streamed for free, but can be purchased from Amazon Prime, YouTube, Google Play, AppleTV, or Vudu.

12. Max and Ruby

Max and Ruby aired on Nick Jr. from 2003 to 2020. It can now be streamed on Sling TV (subscription), the Roku Channel (subscription) and Paramount+ (subscription) for free.

11. Oswald

Oswald aired on Nick Jr. from 2001 to 2003. It can now be streamed on Paramount+ (subscription) for free.

10. Arthur

Arthur aired on PBS Kids from 1996 to 2022. It can now be streamed on PBS Kids and YouTube TV (subscription) for free.

9. Wonder Pets!

Wonder Pets! season 1 aired on Nickelodeon in 2006, season 2 aired on Nickelodeon in 2007, and season 3 aired on Nick Jr. 2009. It can now be streamed on the Roku Channel (subscription) and Paramount+ (subscription) for free.

8. Dinosaur Train

Dinosaur Train aired on PBS Kids from 2009 to 2020. It can now be streamed on PBS Kids and YouTube TV (subscription), and Amazon Prime (subscription) for free.

7. The Backyardigans

The Backyardigans aired on Nickelodeon from 2004 to 2013. It can now be streamed on Paramount+ (subscription), Sling (subscription), and Amazon Prime (subscription) for free.

6. Jake and the Never Land Pirates

Jake and the Never Land Pirates aired on Disney Junior from 2011 to 2016. It can now be streamed on Disney+ (subscription) for free.

5. Dragon Tales

Dragon Tales aired on PBS Kids from 1999 to 2005. It is currently not available for streaming or purchase.

4. Franklin

Franklin aired on Nickelodeon from 1997 to 2004. It can be streamed on Hoopla for free.

3. Phineas and Ferb

Phineas and Ferb aired on Disney Channel from 2008 to 2015. It can be streamed on Disney+ (subscription) for free.

2. Charlie and Lola

Charlie and Lola aired on Disney Channel from 2005 to 2008. It can be streamed on the Roku Channel, fuboTV, and YouTube TV (subscription) for free.

1. Sofia the First

Sofia the First aired on Disney Junior from 2013 to 2018. It can be streamed on Netflix (subscription), fuboTV, and DisneyNow for free.

Madalynn Abele is a sophomore at KU, double majoring in Digital Marketing and Media Arts and Production, minoring in Film & Media Studies, and working toward the Music Enterprise Certificate. When going to a coffee shop, her go-to is a caramel latte! In the future, Madalynn's goal is to work in advertising for a company focused on entertainment. She's so excited to share her articles with you and hopes you enjoy! :)