This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

An amazing cheerleader, a dedicated engineering student, and “5’9 and 165 pounds of good-looking amazingness” are just a few ways to describe Cameron Carruth. This chemical engineer from Wichita can almost always be found either cheering or studying. Carruth started cheering his sophomore year of high school, but became more serious about the sport his junior year by joining the Omega Cheer Club in Park City for the Level 4 team. This led him to win “America’s Best” in Kansas City, “Cheer Sport” in Kansas City, and the “NCA Oklahoma Classic” in Tulsa.

Since the beginning of his cheer career, Cam knew he wanted to pursue the sport at a Division 1 Level. This caused him to quit baseball and cheer full time. When asked why he enjoys cheer so much, all he replies is “what’s not to like?” The strict workout schedule, the KU Athletic Facility, and the friends he’s made are just some of the perks to him. 

While studying engineering is extremely demanding, Cam still manages to keep his grades up. Currently, his hardest subject is chemistry. He hopes that as he gets farther into his major, it will get easier as he learns more about the subject.

Cam plans on graduating in four years and then working with fragrances and cologne. With the little free time Cam does have, he enjoys drawing and hanging out with his friends.