Style

If You’re Considering Getting A Tattoo, Here’s Your Sign To Do It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Krea chapter.

A wise person once said “the body is the greatest canvas” and I couldn’t agree more. Your body is revolutionary in that it is permissive of whatever lifestyle you wish to embody. You can eat a bag of Cheetos or a kale salad or wear faux leather or simply drape khadi or sculpt your body or watch it widen or streak it blue or let it turn white! I mean, your body, even without your assistance, changes and ages and portrays a lovely story always. Getting a tattoo is simply you being a part of this storytelling process! 

A lot of people are intimidated by the idea but here are some things that might help you:

It Hurts

Dude, pain is watching someone order the last slice of cheesecake or getting your nose broken. Tattoos, on the other hand, are not painful at all! It isn’t a comfortable feeling, I’ll give you that, but it doesn’t qualify as pain. Take a friend with you and reminisce as you get drawn on. Take a book with you. Find a new playlist. At the end of the day, remember that getting inoculated is ten times worse than getting inked.

You Need To Put In A Lot Of Thought

Lie. Honestly, a tattoo is a reflection of what you feel at a certain point in time. To find “the one” is not only unnecessarily romantic but also impossible. You may love an idea for a tattoo right now but with time, you’ll either think of something better or you’ll hate what you initially thought of. Advice, get it over with.

It’s A Lot Of Effort

No, it’s not. Initially, maybe the first week or two might require you to shower at an angle. Besides that, tattoos heal pretty quickly so you should be able to go about your day, BAU.

It’s Expensive

Now, this solely depends on your networking skills. P.S: goodie baskets and wine always come in handy. 

Your body is yours and what you do with it is up to you. This is (dear guardians) in no way coercion to get inked right away nor is it a judgment on those who have decided against it. This is simply a clarification for those who need it. Lastly, please don’t get your partner’s name tattooed because tattoos, unlike them, are permanent.

hello, I'm kp, a senior at krea university. I'm what they call a dog person. I endorse hugs, debate and Nietzsche, and I strongly believe that if more people read 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra', the world be a little nicer to live in.