This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Krea chapter.

Spring is here and it’s time to bring your breezy wardrobe out to shine. If you’re a makeup fanatic like I am, you know you need just the perfect beat to complement every fit you sport! Here are some of the hottest spring makeup trends that I highly recommend.

Your natural skin with a little bit more

Dewy, glowing skin has always been in. But this spring, skincare is the new foundation! Instead of going for a full beat or a medium to high coverage foundation, go for spot coverage using light colour correction and concealer. I personally use a warm colour corrector and some concealer to cover those spots, and it looks nothing short of magic! Make skin balm a permanent part of your makeup routine to get that stunning look to complement your natural glow. 

Monochrome looks

Just like monochrome outfits, monochrome or monotone makeup looks are all the rage this season. Go bold or go nude; no one can say no to a stunning colour coordinated makeup look. If you’re headed out for lunch with your friends, I recommend using peachy and mauve tones all over your face – be it eyes, blush, or lips. If you feel bold, try red or fuschia but make sure to keep it minimalistic while making a statement. Subtlety is the secret to success! 

Flutter and flatter

Fluttery, separated, natural lashes are perfect for spring! Go ahead and use your favourite mascara to add some extra volume to your lashes. You’ll feel nothing less than a disney character when you flutter those babies! I recommend curling your lashes from the root up (remember to release your curler before you pull; we all know how scary it is!), moving to the middle, followed by separating them with an eyebrow spoolie to make sure you coat every lash separately. Keep in mind that you should wiggle the roots and then comb it through the lashes for the best results! 

Brows that impress

Just like eyelashes, natural brows that are separated are in style. If you’re a little stingy like I am, instead of buying a brow mascara, just get a washable mascara and clean the wand so you can use it to comb and separate your brows. Better yet, you can use the wand you buy for mascara on your brows too! If you don’t want a set of black brows, I recommend going for the soap brow technique. This will give you slick, separated, natural brows. This will  make them look stunning but effortless.

Glossy lips

While some people might tell you to cover your pigmented lips, this trend encourages you to be comfortable in your own skin. Use a shiny and tinted balm to give your lips that juicy look, or use a gloss to make it pop! I recommend doing a simple ombre using mauve or brown lip liners. Not a fan of bare lips? Not a problem. Go for creme lipsticks that give you a shine, but make sure to be light handed!

While you can never go wrong with these trends, don’t forget to add your personal touch to them. Don’t be afraid to experiment with colours, placements, and intensity. Keep your makeup light, fun and dewy to get the ultimate spring look!

Hi! I'm Ira. I'm a lover of all things fashion, makeup and dressing up! I also play the sports of powerlifting and weightlifting and I enjoy reading books. You'll definitely find me at the gourmet food section of any grocery store thinking about what I can whip up. I identify as queer and I make sure I advocate for my community. I hope you enjoy my articles!
Akshaya is a final year psychology student at Krea who spends a majority of her time thinking of her endless pile of assignments and crying about them. The rest of the time is split between her taking small steps to change the world, doing things she is passionate about (writing and cooking), and in trying to come up with catchy quotes promoting her friends, her belongings, and herself.