Naked Heat Palette as Personalities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

This summer came with one of the most anticipated releases in the makeup universe: Urban Decay’s Naked Heat eyeshadow palette. This palette includes eleven shades ranging from light colors to warm tones. If you’re like me and you have a warmer complexion, this palette doubles as something you can wear naturally every day or when you are going out with your friends. What’s absolutely amazing about this palette is that each color carries a different personality. If each shade were to be a personality here’s what they would be:

1. Ounce ~ Lilly

With a hint of shimmer and it’s fairly vanilla frosting-like complexion, Ounce is the definition of Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes, Lilly. Sweet, pure, and simple, with just a hint of sparkle, Lilly is definitely the fairest of them all.

2. Chaser ~ Margo

Everyone loves getting down to business. However, not everyone loves looking like a hot mess as they work. Chaser, a natural matte shade, resembles the beauty and hard work, much like my roommate, Margo, who inspired me for this character.

3. Sauced ~ Madeline

Again, a name based off of another friend. Sauced introduces a warmer tone to the palette, however, it is still a matte shade that looks absolutely gorgeous on everyone. Madeline will definitely get “lost in some sauce,” yet she is an absolute joy to have by your side at any time, much like this color.

4. Low Blow ~ Jennifer

Low Blow is definitely what it seems. This shade blends in and does not stand out. Nevertheless, it is still a wonderful natural color. Jennifer is a common name, just how Low Blow is a common color.

5. Lumbre ~ Stacy

Wowza! Like a Stacy, Lumbre is wild, filled with differing shades of pink, orange, and gold shimmers. This shade is always ready for any party and loves to venture out to the wild side of life. Watch out for this vibrant party animal!

6. He Devil ~ Melanie

The shade’s name speaks for itself. He Devil brings red tones to light, giving a fiery and feisty impression to the eye. A Melanie does the same; very snappy and sassy to everyone around her.

7. Dirty Talk ~ Victoria

Maybe it’s the thought of Victoria’s Secret, but Victoria and Dirty Talk go together like peanut butter and jelly. A red-orange shimmer gives a very outgoing and spontaneous effect to a person, much like dirty talk.

8. Scorched ~ Regina

I’m going to be honest. The dark pink and bronze shimmer reminds me of Regina George. Powerful, feminine, and pretty, Scorched is bound to make its presence known.

9. Cayenne ~ Cheyanne

Okay, it may seem that I possibly running out of ideas for names of these “characters,” but Cheyanne perfectly embodies the color and personality of Cayenne. Hot and exotic, however, very cool and collected. Cayenne, Cheyanne, whichever you prefer, brings a natural warm glow to everyone.

10. En Fuego ~ Ariana

Another matte shade, yet this one is a dusty red color that is extremely vibrant on the eye. Much like the voice of Ariana Grande, En Fuego is powerful, yet depending on how much you apply, it can be soft and subtle as well.

11. Ashes ~ Angelina

Dark and mysterious, Angelina, or Ashes, provides a dark edge to the palette. Think of Angelina as the outcast goth girl in a typical teen movie. Ashes is extremely different compared to the rest of the palette, giving a cooler purple tone that contrasts with the popular warm colors.

12. Ember ~ Jasmine

Ember brings a beautiful bronze shimmer to the palette, definitely a color fit for a princess. This color stands out just the right amount, not too much and not too little. These are the qualities associated with most princesses, at least in Aladdin that is.

Overall, the Naked Heat palette consumed my life and I have yet to try all of the colors on my face. I highly recommend splurging on it as it will last you and will be perfect for any occasion.

Image Credit: Feature, Writer’s Own

Anushka is a hopeful (undeclared) Pscyhlogy or Economics major. She is a sophomore at Kenyon College, and while she's not working hard in school, she can be found admiring memes and cute dogs. Anushka is from Seattle, Washington and loves spending time with her friends and hiking the many mountains of the Pacific Northwest.
Hannah Joan

Kenyon '18

Hannah is one of the Campus Coordinators for Her Campus Kenyon. She is a Buffalo native and plant enthusiast studying English and Women's and Gender Studies as a junior at Kenyon College.