This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

The article is full of spoilers. (Paragraphs with spoilers will be surrounded by **)

I love Cersei Lannister, and I don’t care who knows it.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I know Cersei is an awful person. I’m not here to deny it. But, she owns how awful she is, and I think that’s maybe how I’m able to get past it.

Some of you are probably thinking to yourself at this point, “Um, excuse me, ma’am, but who the heck is Cersei Lannister?” Cersei Lannister is one of the main characters (possibly the major antagonist??) of the immensely popular TV show Game of Thrones. She is the beautiful blonde one who is best known for sleeping with her equally beautiful blonde brother. How do we as the viewers of Game of Thrones just casually approve of incest? I’m sure there is some explanation, but that’s for another article.I don’t exactly know why, but ever since I started watching Game of Thrones a couple of summers ago, I always felt connected to the three Lannister children: Cersei, Jamie, and Tyrion. (Not the second generation Lannister babies. Screw you forever, Joffrey.) And, maybe because I’m female and she’s female, the plot lines involving Cersei have always been the most interesting to me. She’s the most commanding force in all of Westeros––you heard me right, Daenerys fans––and, every time she comes on screen, I get really excited.

Tyrion and Cersei both definitely get the best lines in the show, but there is something to all of Cersei’s venomous one liners that are incomparable. It definitely has something to do with the amazing Lena Headey who should get every role in every movie ever once GOT ends, but she’s also just such a well-written character. And, I think we’re all a little jealous of her unlimited wine supply.

** Maybe it speaks to some dark part inside all of us when we find that there is something so satisfying when Cersei is able to exact vengeance on the enemies. It is one of the most brutal mass executions in the series, but when Cersei blows the sept up during the Season Six finale, she effectively rids herself of every character who plagued her throughout the season. Speaking specifically to Season 6, we watch Cersei lose everything this season. By the end of it, all of her children are dead, her beautiful luscious hair is gone, and her brother is plotting her demise from across the sea. But she’s the queen, and the only thing vaguely tethering her to reality is Jamie and her conquest to bring everyone in Westeros to their knees. Yet, when the image of her sitting on the Iron Throne hit the screen, all I could think was “yes, bitch.” **

Cersei Lannister is the epitome of the Id. Unlike the “good” characters in the show (@Jon Snow), she relishes in her brutality and doesn’t care who she has to mow over, blow up, poison, or torture on her conquest for power. And, if there is one thing that any of us have learned from watching Game of Thrones, it is that power is sexy.​** But I know the end is coming for Cersei. We don’t spend all this time with dragons and white walkers and white walker dragons for Season 8 to end with my girl on the throne. And, I will only be satiated if it is Jamie himself who brings his sister and lover to her end. Jamie Lannister is the Kingslayer and I want Cersei to fall at the hands of him. I don’t want a girl power showdown between Cersei and Daenerys or Cersei and Arya. I want a dramatic, brutal moment where Jamie has to put a sword through his sister, effectively having the only person she has left to love to bring her to her finale. It is what she deserves. **

I love you, Cersei Lannister. I love all your seductive sips of wine and sassy eye rolls. I love the tension in your jaw and the way you rock that pixie cut. See you for more badassery in Season 8.

Image Credit: Feature,1,2,3

Mackenna is a senior who loves all things theatrical, a good cup of green tea, good music, good movies, and all the dogs. Oh, and would give up her humanity if given to opportunity to live as a baby bear.
Jenna is a writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kenyon. She is currently a senior chemistry major at Kenyon College, and she can often be found geeking out in the lab while working on her polymer research. Jenna is an avid sharer of cute animal videos, and she never turns down an opportunity to pet a furry friend. She enjoys doing service work, and her second home is in the mountains of Appalachia.