This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

With the current affairs, social media has become a platform for expressing solidarity for important political movements: the rights of LGBTQIA+ community, women, immigrants, etc. From Lady Gaga to Michelle Obama, many women are using social media, especially Instagram, to inspire and support women’s rights, a message that all of us should get behind. The overly popular app, Instagram allows us to connect with one another, tying individual issues to global women’s issues in ways that were never before possible. Here are eight of my favorite feminist Instagrams that promote uplifting messages to liven up your feed as well as daily life and send you on your confident, fighting-for-equality way.

1. @Plannedparenthood

Hell yes, let’s celebrate this 100-year source for reproductive rights and accessible health care!

2. @gloriasteinem

“I’m not going to disobey the law, but I’m going to pretend he represents me.” – Gloria Steinem

3. @lavernecox

Laverne Cox doesn’t really need an introduction, so you probably already know why her Instagram obviously makes the list. Images from her trans* advocacy work and scenes from Orange is the New Black, as well as gorgeous, daily portraits, make this actress/activist an easy feminist follow.

4. @words_of_women

These quotes could not be more supportive of women/gender equality, and I love every moment of them.

5. @sandythezine

Sandy is a Los Angeles-based feminist with a killer Instagram. Whether she’s discrediting misogynistic tropes, sharing the stories of wild women from history, and/or featuring feminist memes, this account definitely spreads some needed inspo.

6. @femislay

Amazing photos and feminist quotes that promote supporting, empowering one another. Yes, please!

7. @feministapparel

A non-profit clothing company, Feminist Apparel sells pro-women gear to raise money for gender equality causes. Their feed is also pretty great, with its many features of fabulous clothing items as well as the women who wear them.

8. @feministabulous

Sassy and informative, Liz Plank speaks out against gendered violence, the wage gap, and general sexual inequality, in a raw, relatable way. She never shies away from humor either, keeping her IG feed a definite yes to follow.

So, if your social media tastes run a little more radical and you’re looking for more intellectual inspiration than idyllic sunset pictures and typical bikini bods, with the emphasis of smashing the patriarchy on the side, then these accounts have you covered. Let me know if you have any more suggestions for other empowering Instagram accounts!

Image credits: Instagram.com