This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

This past Monday marked one month of Donald Trump’s presidency, which has been, to many of us, discouraging and depressing in a number of ways. So much so, that the news and other media outlets have become a source of frustration and sadness, so I wanted to reflect on a few uplifting moments from the past month!

1. The Women’s March

The day after his inauguration, the spirit and activism of this peaceful protest was incredible! Since this historic day of love and solidarity, the organizers of the Women’s March have launched a campaign for activism during Trump’s first 100 days, and a women’s strike is planned for next month.

2. Lady Gaga’s Halftime Show

Preaching inclusion by beginning the show with “this land is our land, this land is your land,” Lady Gaga made a confident statement. The pro-women, anti-Trump, singer entertained us all with her spark and talent. Not to mention she looked absolutely stunning too!

3. Nevertheless, She Persisted

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren was silenced while reading a letter from Coretta Scott King on the floor of the Senate. In quieting her, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said, “Nevertheless, she persisted,” which has become a powerful new slogan for women’s rights. There are still lawmakers who will refuse certain policies! And activists who will feed of off of their positivity!

4. Papal Activism

The pope may not have any governing power in the US, but his voice is definitely heard around the world. Pope Francis preaches acceptance of all people and sexualities, speaks out against Trump’s policies, and recently touched on the proper relationship between governments and native people, in protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline. He also represents reformation of the Catholic Church, which is a hopeful sign in itself.

5. Women Are Breaking Down Abortion Barriers

The hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion has gone viral, inviting women to share their stories despite the overwhelming pressure and stigma to remain silent.

6. Pandas Are No Longer Considered Endangered

When politics recognize environmental concerns and the legitimacy of science, we can save wildlife and also improve biodiversity. Because saving these adorable creatures are something everyone can get behind!

7. New Zealand Legalized Gay Marriage

The 13th country to legalize gay marriage and the first nation in the Asia-Pacific region!

8. Victories Within States

The Maryland Attorney General now has the power to sue the federal government. New York and California are working to become sanctuary states for immigrants. Hawaii has already launched a lawsuit against the administration. Activism comes from the states too!

We have to keep in mind that while the regressive politics of Trump’s presidency will continue to receive the majority of public attention, there are hopeful people and movements occurring globally, as well, showing that love will persist!

Sources: newsfeed.time.com, mashable.com, worldwidelife.org, giphy.com