This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Are you excited to geek out this Halloween and dress up as your favorite Harry Potter Character? We are! Here at Her Campus Kenyon, we’ve got looks inspired by your favorite books and movies that you can use even after Halloween rolls around. If you’re shopping on a budget, you can also use clothes from your own wardrobe to create these fun looks!

Harry Potter

Costume: You’ll look like a Hogwarts student with a black pleated skirt, white button down, and penny loafers! Add a Hogwarts pullover so you really look like you go to Hogwarts. House-themed socks will notify all onlookers if you’re in Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin.

Everyday: A button down and a pleated skirt look school-chic during the year. You can mix and match the pieces left over from your costume since black skirts and white blouses go with just about anything. Also, a Hogwarts scarf and socks are always appropriate- you don’t need Halloween as an excuse to wear them out!

White blouse, $92, jcrew.com; Gray Hogwarts House pullover, $45, etsy.com; Topshop skirt, $38, and loafers, $50, topshop.com; Socks, $8, target.com; Scarf, $35, amazon.com

The Great Gatsby – Flapper

Costume: Who wouldn’t want to be a 1920’s flapper? A fringe dress, kitten heels, and a strand of pearls are the perfect combination for this costume! Plus, a fascinator hat finished the outfit in the chicest of ways.

Everyday: You can totally wear a flapper dress to a part, or to class if you’re up for it! Kitten heels are great for work days or parties.

Topshop dress, and pearls, $35, topshop.com; Sole Society shoes, $70, solesociety.com; Biba Kelis fascinator hat, $69, houseoffraser.co.uk

Doctor Who – The Doctor

Costume: You’ll need brown jeans or pants, a white blouse, a brown plaid jacket, and a bowtie or bow themed accessory to complete this look! Bonus points if you take your sonic screwdriver trick or treating.

Everyday: Every piece from this outfit is easily transferable into your everyday wardrobe. The jacket it chic and looks great with jeans, and you can use the bowtie necklace and flats with basically any ensemble.

J. Crew jacket, $325; J. Brand jeans, $1,760, matchesfashion.com; Sam Edeleman flats, $145, lanecrawford.com; Dolce & Gabanna shirt, $1,095, net-a-porter.com; Betsey Johnson necklace, $50, zappos.com

Parks and Rec – Leslie Knope

Costume: Grab a cute cardigan, fit and flare dress, black pumps, and a colorful clutch to fully personify your favorite Parks and Rec character! If you’re feeling up for it, you can also sport a blond wig and hand out scrapbooks to everyone to really express your inner Leslie.

Everyday: A classic black dress and pumps can be worn to your campus job, a party, or even to class (formal Friday’s, anyone?). Plus, a white cardigan and a funky clutch are great pieces for a fall wardrobe.

Tory Burch cardigan, $225, toryburch.com; Modcloth dress, $90, modcloth.com; Jimmy Choo pumps, $650, mytheresa.com; Charlotte Olympia clutch, $629, gilt.com

Game of Thrones- Daenerys Targaryen

Costume: The infamous mother of dragons is hard to dress up as, but with a Grecian dress, sandals, and edgy jewelry, you can definitely embody Daenerys. You may also want a wig and a dragon stuffed animal to show your Game of Thrones pride!

Everyday: Greek sandals can go with any summer outfit, but the draped dress can only be worn at specific times- maybe to a formal, maybe it’s a graduation party. The jewelry is a no brainer: accessorize your day to day looks with these pieces to make yourself look and feel truly powerful.

Needle & Thread dress, $350, net-a-porter.com; Topshop body chain, $30, topshop.com; Valentino sandals, $1,475, saks.com; Gemma Redux bracelet, $366, luisaviaroma.com; Dragon earrings, $25, overstock.com

We at HerCampus love all fandoms, and we hope you take inspiration from these looks to inspire your next costume (or your next party look!). Have an amazing Halloween!

Image sources: Amazon.com, Overstock.com, Saks.com, Topshop.com, Net-a-porter.com, Lusiaviaroma.com, Toryburch.com, Modcloth.com, gilt.com, Mytheresa.com, Matchesfashion.com, Lanecrawford.com, Zappos.com, Solesociety.com, houseoffrasser.co.uk, Target.com, jcrew.com, etsy.com 

Lindy is a current senior at Kenyon college majoring in Anthropology and Art History. She enjoys travel, books, cinema, art, food, and Scottish Whisky. Someday she hopes to travel around the world with a corgi named Max.