It can be a cruel world out there and sometimes the harsh conditions life can get to us. Trying to balance work and school and a social life can often feel like an impossible task. Take some time for yourself. Self-esteem is fragile, and egos are breakable things. Use these tips and tricks to make sure you maintain some cheerfulness and confidence in these busy times.
1. Hide all mirrors and all reflective surfaces. You don’t need that bullshit.
2. Only talk to people who love you unconditionally. It’s a cruel word; don’t give haters the time of day. If that means only talking to your grandparents, then so be it. Old people are the new millennials.
3. Watch Naked and Afraid and then remember that you will never have to be in that situation.
4. Feel your pulse. You are alive. Good job. A lot of people are not.
5. Watch a movie. Escapism.
6. Sing karaoke at the top of your lungs to Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush.
7. If you do not know the artist mentioned in #6, learn about her. You will not be disappointed.
8. Watch the David S. Pumpkins SNL skit. You don’t have to wait until Halloween to see the best thing ever.
9. Whenever you feel down, pick a random person on the street and loudly describe all of their flaws. You may not be the best, but you are certainly not the worst.
10. Learn something new such as: Guy Fieri went to college for Hotel Management.
11. Treat yo self!
12. Have a spa day. Is anything more uplifting than an avocado face mask?
13. Turn off the news.
14. After turning off the news play that game called “Let’s pretend Obama is still the president.”
15. Remember, George W. Bush is now a painter. You can do anything.
16. Knit a sweater and give it to a hairless cat.
17. Write an angsty poem. Because you can.
18. Fill a briefcase full of monopoly money and then give it to a random person and whisper, “you know what to do.”
19. Take a nap. Feeling well rested will help you conquer all your tasks with more focus.
20. Don’t procrastinate. Just do it. If you get your work done you will feel better about life in general.
23. Have an impromptu dance party.
24. Walk up to a stranger and ask “What do you like about me?” Their answer is guaranteed to surprise you.
25. Join the Harechrisna’s. Get your spiritual fulfillment.
26. Don’t join the church of Scientology. (This isn’t even about self-esteem, it’s just general life advice).
27. Did I mention that you should treat yo self?
28. Meditate. Picture your favorite place in the world and go on a mental trip to there.
29. Strike a power pose. You are your own Wonder Woman! A woman of wonder.
All in all, the most important thing to remember is that you should trust yourself and do what makes you happy! Listening to your own body is more important than any advice someone else can give you.