This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Are you looking for some yummy, simple Thanksgiving desserts? Well, I have some treats for you! Here are 5 recipes you should try!

Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings 

The apple is the queen of autumn foods and you can make miracles with it. If you share my love for anything made with apples, then this cinnamon-apple-crescent roll fantasy is exactly what you need to try. This recipe takes 45 minutes to make and says it serves six. But when I made this recipe, I had a whole sheet pan full of crescent rolls. It is almost like a bite-size pie. 

Photo by Natalie Grainger on Unsplash

Ingredients:

2 (8 each) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

2 sticks of butter

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste

1 can (12oz) 7 Up (or Mountain Dew)

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored

I love this dessert, once you start eating them you can’t stop! If you try any of these recipes you have to try this one! It takes amazing by itself but serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, mmmmm … even better! You will not be disappointed. Go to SugarApron for the full recipe! 

Fall Leave Cut Out Cookies 

​These cookies super simple, and a fun way to celebrate fall during the holidays. You can never go wrong with a yummy, colorful cookie. They are vegetarian, only take 10 minutes to cook and you can make an endless amount of them. 

Woman throwing maple leaves
Photo by Jakob Owens from Unsplash

Ingredients:

2 cups cold butter 

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 eggs

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup sour cream

Let kids and adults decorate or cutout their own cookie! Visit MadeToBeAMomma for all the instructions! 

Raspberry Pretzel Salad

This recipe is a little different from the others, but it sure is a hit at parties. There is never any left! It does however take a bit longer to make, one hour total. It serves 12 and is considered easy. 

baking ingredients on a table next to a cupcake tray
Suzy Hazelwood for Pexels

Ingredients:

6 oz package Raspberry Jell-O

2 cups boiling water

2 1/2 cups salted pretzel sticks (before crushing)

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter

1 (8oz) package cream cheese – softened

1 (8oz) package Cool Whip – thawed in the refrigerator

3/4 cup granulated sugar

12 oz bag frozen raspberries – thawed in the refrigerator

You have to try this! Go to NatashasKitchen for all the instructions. 

Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices 

If you are looking for a somewhat healthy, easy dessert this recipe is for you. Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered in melted chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts. There are only 5 ingredients, it takes 20 minutes and serves 12 or more depending on how many apples you have. This can be served buffet style where people can decorate their own apple slice. 

three stainless steel forks near apple
Brooke Lark/Unsplash

Ingredients:

2 very large Fuji apples

3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 

1 tablespoon coconut oil 

1 cup caramels, melted 

1/2 cup Chopped pecans

Make these fun dessert snacks for your next holiday get together! Kid-approved and your guest will love the fun toppings. Go to MomLovesBaking for the full recipe. 

30 Minute Cinnamon Sugar Knots  

These cinnamon sugar knots are so easy to make, they are an easy weekend or holiday snack, after-school treat or dessert! This recipe takes 30 minutes to make, it is vegetarian and serves 12-30 people. Cinnamon sugar knots are bread knots that have been dipped in butter and then coated with a mixture of cinnamon sugar. They’re the sweet version of a garlic knot. 

Cinnamon Word
Natalie Rodriguez / Spoon

Ingredients:

Cinnamon Sugar Knots 

1/4 cup butter

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons instant yeast

2 tablespoons honey

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 large egg

3-3 ½ cups all-purpose flour

Butter and Sugar

1/4 cup butter (melted)

1 cup granulated sugar

1 heaping tablespoon ground cinnamon

Icing

1 tablespoon butter (melted)

1 cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1-3 tablespoons milk

Visit ihearteating for the full recipe.   

If you are looking for more Thanksgiving treats check out this Pinterest board! I hope you love these recipes! Enjoy the holidays and happy baking!

My name is Maddie. I am a freshman majoring in Fashion Design. This is my first year with Her Campus and I am so excited to be apart of it. I have decided to complete my fall semester at home. So I work at Gloria Horns Sewing Studio on the weekends. I am a very artistic person. I love to sew, paint, scrapbook, and anything that is creative. Let the next 4 years of my life begin!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.