Wellness

What To Expect When You’re Not Expecting A Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Valentine’s day is right around the corner. If you do not have a valentine, do not worry! You can still have a great, well-deserved night by yourself.

Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year and that means one thing, staying in. Valentine’s Day is the day of love, but this does not just mean being in a relationship. The one love that is overlooked is self-love. This year, make this love the most important one. So as Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle would say, “Treat Yo Self”, Valentine’s Day edition.

Here are some ways you can do that and feel good doing it:

Put on a face mask

Not only are face masks relaxing and good for your skin, but they also are inexpensive as well. They have different types of masks depending on your skin type and what you are looking for. 

Watch a good cheesy romance movie

Netflix has more romance movies than they know what to do with it! That being said, throw on “To All The Boys I Loved Before” or any other movie. They may be cliche, but they always hit the spot.

Give yourself a makeover

Maybe follow a makeup tutorial, it doesn’t even have to be Valentine’s theme. This also can help spice up your Insta feed and make everyone jealous and ultimately regret that you aren’t their valentine.

Order in some take out and eat your heart out

Have your own private buffet. You deserve a cheat day. 

Go to bed early to take care of yourself

It doesn’t matter how, but the most important part of this holiday is that you’re being your best self and practicing self-care!

You can use any or all of these suggestions to have a great Valentine’s day on your own!

Alexandra Golden

Kent State '23

Alexandra is a junior journalism major with a minor in criminology and justice studies. She wants to pursue a career in investigative journalism or in magazine writing when she graduates.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.