Rachel Turner: Strong Chicks Rock

Name: Rachel Turner

Company: Strong Chicks Rock

Age: 23

From: Dublin, OH

Her Campus: What is Strong Chicks Rock (SCR)?

Rachel Turner: I love this question! Strong Chicks Rock is a movement for women to honor their bodies through food, movement and self-love.

HC: What was your motivation to start the program?

RT: I have a 5-year-old son and after I had him I thought my body would go back to the way it was. I was very wrong. For the first time in my life I started to experience self-hate. I sought out a program that would help me get my body back and help me feel happy, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. Everything said “lose 10 pounds” or “How to get Abs,” so I made my own program for women.  

HC: What is the goal of SCR?

RT: My goal isn’t to have clients for years. My goal is to get women in a supportive community, teach them what they need to know and give them the tools they need to make empowered choices for life.

HC: What is the most rewarding part of SCR?

RT: I think the most rewarding part for me is when I can lead another woman into realizing her self-worth and teach her that it is not defined by her pant size or weight.

HC: How can someone become a Strong Chick?

RT: I offer different options for different price points. First, women can hop into a 6-week self guided program through my website. They receive one email a day with information about food, movement and self-love. The second option is a 6-week customized training program with me. This includes workouts and foods designed for your life and body. Check out more info at RachelTurner.com

HC: The Strong Chicks Rock Instagram includes inspirational videos and workouts. How important is social media for SCR?

RT: I feel like I’m giving an Emmy speech to my camera everyday, but it is a big part of what I do. One time I was getting froyo and a girl can up to me and said “Are you Strong Chicks Rock? I follow you and you inspire me!” I just thought that was so cool because here I am sitting at home in my PJs, writing about empowerment and kettlebells, but I’m connecting with different women. Someone can go on my Instagram and get a year’s worth of workouts all for free. That’s the beauty of it.

HC: You have a 30 day self-love challenge coming up! Tell us about it.

RT: This free 30-day challenge starts Monday, February 13. It includes mini challenges and workouts for women to love themselves, move and be empowered. Check out more details on my website!

HC: What advice do you have for any women struggling with their body?

RT: No program, diet, or fad will be your saving grace. All the power you need is inside of you and will allow you to come home to love yourself.

HC: Anything final thoughts on SCR?

RT: Strong Chicks Rock is deeply rooted in creating a community for women to support each other with no judgement. We’re a badass tribe all working together to better ourselves and be happy.  

Follow Rachel on social media:

Instagram

Strong Chicks Rock Facebook Page

Rachel Turner Facebook

RachelTurner.com

Erin Keller

Kent State

broadcast journalism x fashion media