Our Her Week recap is here, relive the fun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The lovely ladies of Her Campus Kent State

Cheers to another successful Her Week! The ladies and friends of Her Campus Kent State gathered every night last week to celebrate our amazing organization and what it means to be a woman. Now, don’t cry that Her Week is over! Instead, take a moment to look back at all the amazing events that occurred!

Chapter President and Campus Correspondent, Krista Zolton, with Campus Correspondant and Editor-in-Chief, Sammy Pesick

Monday: Your local girl gang hit up Pizza Fire in Downtown, Kent to raise money for our chapter! We were even fortunate enough to hear some throwback Bieber tunes (think ‘One Love’)  while we chowed. The goal of this evening was to “raise some dough” to help fund future chapter endeavors for the organization so many girls love. Danie Minor, our marketing and publicity director, said “I love being involved with Her Campus because it is all about women’s empowerment – if you want to learn how to grow in your field, this is definitely the organization to be a part of!”

Team members Jayda and Lexi enjoying some pizza

Tuesday: Wow, talk about career goals! This night was one for the books! Or should I say resumes? ‘Her Career’ was a night of truly inspirational speakers! We heard from a panel of five ah-mazing women. The panel included: Stephanie Smith, former CIA Senior Intelligence Service executive and school of Journalism and Mass Communication professor; Marji Wachowiak, a fashion professor with years of experience; Maddi Swaney, assistant coach of the Kent State women’s golf team; Danielle Flemister, Venture Advisor at LaunchNEt Kent State and Fran Recchia, assistant women’s basketball coach here at Kent. Gilly Temple, an attendee of the event, said, “I wanted to attend the panel because I knew it would be informative about the struggles women face in the professional world.” The panelists were asked questions regarding challenges in the workplace, how they got their start and what they looked for when hiring or recruiting team members.

Our panel of inspiring women!

Wednesday: We hit the gym to get our sweat on for ‘Her Health’ night! Participants of the event were asked to bring a box of pads or tampons to benefit the Women’s Center here at Kent State. Once everyone was stretched out and hydrated, we began our hour long hip-hop cardio class! We followed along with our instructor to all the best pop songs. Bryanna Fabian came to the event with one of our social media team members. Bryanna said, “Hip hop cardio was great exercise and I am glad I did it with my friends! There should be events every month like this!” We agree, girl!

Thursday: Our ‘Her Empowerment’ night might have been our sexiest event yet. Her Campus Kent State gathered in Oscar Ritchie Hall for a Pure Romance party! For those who are virgins to this company, it specializes in beauty and enhancing products. We had the funniest consultant who left no topic untouched. Also, all of the products smelled so good! Lexi Marco, a member of both our editorial and social media teams, had this to say about the event: “I thought it was really interesting and empowering for a large group of girls to come together to learn about those kind of products without any awkwardness.” Pure Romance focusses on empowering women and creating a safe and welcoming learning atmosphere. You should book a party today! (please invite us).

Friday: Time to party! Her Campus Kent State celebrated three years on campus! Her Campus team members and friends gathered at 157 Lounge in Downtown, Kent to celebrate with free sushi and drink specials! Plus, there were a lot of photo opportunities too, you better follow us on Instagram! “I loved Her Party because I had so much fun getting to know other girls who are as excited about women’s empowerment as I am,” said Maddie Scalzi. Maddie is a member of Her Campus’ social media team! She added that the free sushi made the night even better. We danced to fresh beats from DJDyll and offered raffles to all our beautiful guests. Pink tickets were everywhere! Raffle winners left with prizes like T-shirts, beauty products and a planner for next semester! “Who wouldn’t love just dancing around with your girl gang all night?” Danie asked.

Myself with Danie Minor, Publicity and Marketing Director, who I consider to be a role model in our chapter!

We even got a visit from the girls of Her Campus at Akron University (who just launched their chapter last week!)

Krista and Sammy with HC Akron’s CC Abbey and members!

A huge thank you to everyone who came out to hang with us! Kisses from our chapter to you!

Corinne, Events Director, with her friend Felicia.

Now, all i’m wondering is, is it too early to start planning for next year’s Her Week?

Maddie Scalzi, team member, with friend Brittany Flemming

Natalie Eusebio is a Public Relations major at Kent State University. She enjoys writing, reading, listening to musicals, and exploring Northeast Ohio When she is at home in Canfield, OH she likes to catch up with old friends and spend time snuggling her cats. On campus, you can find her in the Chi Omega house or studying at Starbucks. Her weaknesses include online shopping sprees and talking too fast. As a writer, Natalie hopes to both empower and entertain her audience. Natalie's future plans include advocating for those in need and finding employment with a PR firm somewhere out west.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.