This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

On Saturday, Oct. 20, alternative band Future Generations hit the stage at Beachland Tavern in Cleveland. I was able to sit down with the Brooklyn-born group, consisting of singer Eddie Gore, guitarist Eric Grossman, bassist Devon Sheridan, percussionist Dylan Wells, and Mike Sansevere on the synthesizer and guitar, asking them a few questions before the show.

Her Campus: Is there a favorite song you guys like to play off the new record?

Devon: My favorite is Out Loud and so is Dylan’s.

Eddie: I like playing Out Loud too. I think it’s the favorite at the moment.

HC: As you’ve been touring, Is there a moment during a show that has stood out to you?

Dylan: Personally, I like when we’re playing a show and someone will put alcohol on the stage. We did a shot with the audience in Houston and that was cool too.

Eddie: Anytime anybody is singing the lyrics to the song that’s cool. Just considering that we made these songs in our bedrooms, it’s just really cool.

HC: Where did you guys make the new record?

Eddie: We made it in a couple places; mostly in Devon’s bedroom and then our producer has a studio and we recorded and wrote a lot of stuff there as well.

HC: Is that how you’ve always made your music?

Eddie: Yeah, anytime we want to make a song, we’ll just be sitting on the couch and be like “Hey do you want to go make some music?” and we just usually go to Devon’s room and we start messing around, making some sounds. That’s usually how we start the song and then if we like it we’ll come back to it later.

HC: Do you have any plans for the future after this tour?

Devon: [We’ll] probably make more music.

Dylan: Europe is a big target for us right now.

Eddie: We just want to keep playing and writing. That’s what we like to do so we’ll just keep doing it.

While talking to the band, it was brought up that Devon was featured on Her Campus during his college years. For laughs, check out his feature as “Campus Cutie”.

Although they performed in June at LaureLive, a music festival in Cleveland, this was Future Generation’s first official show in the city.

First on stage was artist Zuli, who kept the crowd intrigued with his pop beats. He even sat on top of the bar as he played guitar during his set, interacting with the crowd. His performance of “Still Believe” stood out, as he added many layers to the song using his loop pedal.

Everyone gathered around the stage as Future Generations began the show with “Suddenly,” a song that warmed the crowd with its laid-back vibes. They soon transitioned into more upbeat numbers such as “All the Same” and “Stars”. Frontman, Gore, had an amazing connection with the audience, maintaining great vocals as he joined them on the floor.

The band ended their performance with “Landscape”, the title song off of their new record. Not too long after they ran off stage, the crowd was eager for an encore. The group answered the crowd’s wishes, stepping back on stage to sing “Black & Bleu.” Overall, my personal favorites of the night were “One More Problem” and “Take Me There.” 

The band will be wrapping up their tour in Brooklyn on Oct. 26 at Baby’s All Right. Go show some support and listen to their new album, Landscape, available on Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music and other streaming platforms.

Danica Garcia

Kent State '20

Danica Garcia is a Fashion Merchandising major with a Fashion Media minor at Kent State University.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.